Author Topic: Solution for disappearing restore points  (Read 6733 times)

Offline Garufalo

• To geek or not to geek...
    • View Profile
Solution for disappearing restore points
« on: November 03, 2011, 11:24:09 am »
 :cheesy: When one of my hard drives became almost full, all my restore points disappeared. I could not update Windows Vista, which used to hang because my system could not make restore points before installing updates. I tried everything and nothing seemed to work. I removed the full disk, which was impeding the creation of new restore points. Luckily, the offending drive was a data disk, not needed to operate the system. Then I tried the repair program from www.tweaking.com called "Windows Repair (All in One)" version 1.4.3. It automatically applied some of the tweaks suggested in another forum, and then some others which are amply described in the program itself. With Vista, you don't need the original Windows disk. Eureka! The old restore points were gone forever, but again my system started making new ones. Now I can update Windows Vista, and create new restore points. To boot, my system is faster, and one week after, still works without a hitch! I hope this serves to solve other people suffering from the same problem.  Good work!
Garufalo