Author Topic: Windows 8 apps etc not working  (Read 5251 times)

Offline proudtexan

• View Profile
Windows 8 apps etc not working
« on: September 02, 2015, 09:59:51 am »
I am having problems with windows 8 apps not working. So i used windows repair from tweaking.com, too try repair this and i choose everything there. Even too remove the apps, when the repair didnt work,the end result is none of it worked. I now have programs that wont start and i cant even do a refresh. It says something about a "partion missing", Im like huh i never deleted a partion that dont have something on it. I even went too windows site get some repair/diagnostic tools nothing happen. So i dont know what too do if i cant even do a refresh.   

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 8 apps etc not working
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 01:25:30 pm »
If you followed all of the steps in the program you will have backed up the registry.

Go back into the program and restore the registry to before the program ran, but as far as I know the program does not have anything in it that could have removed a partition.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 8 apps etc not working
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 07:45:50 pm »
Correct, my program doesnt do anything to the partitions. 95% of the program is registry related.

It is possible you have bad sectors on your hard drive, so always a good idea to check the drive. When you run the repairs you need to also make sure to run them in safe mode, otherwise so many different 3rd party programs can get in the way and cause the repairs to not work right.

Anytime something doesnt go right you can just restore the registry from the backup it makes from before the repairs :-)

Shane