Author Topic: Bug report Windows Repair v3.4.3(latest) SFC /SCANNOW  (Read 6105 times)

Offline Jarmezrocks

• View Profile
Bug report Windows Repair v3.4.3(latest) SFC /SCANNOW
« on: September 05, 2015, 03:14:23 am »
Hi,

I have just witnessed a fairly hefty bug in the latest Windows repair. I say hefty only because System File Checker is a vital component to Windows (and Tweaking.com All in One Windows Repair as well); However any diligent computer tech will do their own checks to ensure that the error isn't just a type 1 error....put simply rather than accepting that the error "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service" as being true, I decided to dig a little deeper.

1). the Trusted Installer Service is in fact running
2). Windows modules service is also running
3). Running the command manually directly in command prompt does in fact launch SFC as expected

See the attached screenshot for reference

Offline Jarmezrocks

• View Profile
Re: Bug report Windows Repair v3.4.3(latest) SFC /SCANNOW
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 03:40:43 am »
Am noticing additional bugs to this one also such as SetACL breaking in the repair process? I will start a new topic for this however

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Bug report Windows Repair v3.4.3(latest) SFC /SCANNOW
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 08:39:10 pm »
Odd, I have never seen that problem with sfc from the program before. Also SetAcl has been replaced in my Windows Repair starting with v3.5.0 :-)

I also notice in your screen shot that it is showing the cmd path is in the syswow64 folder. Normally the folder path of there the program is running would show there, even then when I check the cmd.exe in the task manager it is the cmd.exe from system32 that is running and not syswow64.

What version of Windows are you on?

My program isnt doing anything special, it makes the bat file with the sfc call and then is ran by the ShellExecuteW API. I just tried it on my Windows 7 system and do get any of the errors you mentioned.

Shane