Author Topic: Windows 10 cannot sign in unknown hard issue  (Read 5052 times)

Offline Martipello

• View Profile
Windows 10 cannot sign in unknown hard issue
« on: September 09, 2015, 08:06:44 am »
Hi I was trying to fix the windows store issue in windows 10 and stumbles upon a forum that suggested using your tool I made a registry backup and ran the repairs from safe mode, it ran all 43 jobs but its now stuck at signing in it gives me an error that sign in service failed unknown hard issue, trying to boot safe mode gives me the same error, I've tried loading backups but system says they don't exist I can get a command prompt up at system32 but it doesn't show any users, and there isn't a system image or backup point it can find, is there anything I can try before I go and reinstall the OS, and can I get my files off the hard drive without having to take the thing apart? Thanks

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 cannot sign in unknown hard issue
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 09:09:11 pm »
Diffidently not normal to be getting those kinds of errors.

Here are a few ways to restore the registry from the backup the program made
http://www.tweaking.com/articles/pages/tweaking_com_registry_backup_online_help,3.html

Once you have the registry restored and the system back up make sure to check the hard drive for bad sectors :wink:

Shane

Offline Martipello

• View Profile
Re: Windows 10 cannot sign in unknown hard issue
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 01:48:03 am »
That defo wasnt the issue here, after going back and forth through windows repair tool I ended up deleting the OS and starting from scratch afterwards I managed to get most of my data back, thanks anyway though