Author Topic: Can't Get Out Of Safe Mode :(  (Read 6489 times)

Offline SweetMeets

• View Profile
Can't Get Out Of Safe Mode :(
« on: September 12, 2015, 09:45:35 pm »
***SOLVED*** with many thanks to all that offered assistance, extra thanks to "Boggin"

Hello!

I'm using Windows 7 and on the Windows Repair v3.5.0 (Free Version),   I clicked the "Reboot To Safe Mode" button on the bottom of the screen.   I followed the steps as instructed and after completing the repair process I have NOT been able to return to the normal mode!

I have tried pressing the F8 key to "Start Windows Normally" and to "Start Windows with the Last Good Configuration/Start".   And I've also tried, of course, just starting it the regular way, but since I clicked the "Reboot To Safe Mode" button, I have been unable to get the computer to properly!  :confused: :sad:

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks!!   
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:56:04 pm by SweetMeets »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Get Out Of Safe Mode :(
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 01:37:28 am »
That could have been a glitch in the program, but go Start - type msconfig and press enter.

Click on the Normal startup button - Apply - OK and reboot as prompted.

If you ever want to manually boot up into Safe Mode with whatever and F8 doesn't work, click on the Boot tab in msconfig, check the Safe Mode box and whatever you other mode you want - Network is usually favourite for trouble shooting.

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 03:42:59 pm »
When Windows repair is started in safe mode the first command it does is set your next reboot back to safe mode.
Julian

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 10:58:57 pm »
Are you able to get into safe mode at all? If you are able to get into safe mode did you make sure to open Windows Repair?

Also if you can get into safe mode you can just open msconfig.exe and disable the safe boot option there as well :-)

Shane