Author Topic: need immediate help with my computer  (Read 11508 times)

Offline bungerboon

• View Profile
need immediate help with my computer
« on: September 14, 2015, 08:47:56 am »
I have on my computer - 1.71 GB of junk files - 38 unnecessary applications - 4 system settings. I just need someone to help me get my computer working up to its true peak performance. I just started having issues with windows 10 - and every time I open up my Outlook to check my e-mails it crashes leaving me a message of failed error. But there's nothing wrong with my Outlook because I already had it checked with my Verizon tech support and they told me it's nothing wrong on that end it's with the Windows 10. So and when I contacted them I asked them was my compatible with this new version of Windows 10 and they said yes it is but because I don't have a credit card and they only provide service to those with credit cards and since I don't have one and don't know anyone willing to loan me theirs they couldn't help me. I just need someone out there who has great computer knowledge and is willing to help guide me through this process I would be eternally happy. So while I wait patiently thank you for reading my post.   

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: need immediate help with my computer
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 11:14:30 am »
okay first off run a malware scan use adwcleaner run it a couple times.
next run windows reapair all in one in safemode with networking when you get to tab 5 run the repairs reboot back into safe mode run the tab 5 repairs again when it finishes reboot open disk cleanup then clean your disk. if have any issues let me know.
Julian

Offline bungerboon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 12:31:43 pm »
Thank you Julian for replying didn't really expect anyone to respond that quickly. I forgot to tell you that I'm not as computer literate as you are so I have no idea how to put my computer in safe mode. My Avast anti virus software told me I have no malware on my computer. I don't understand what you meant by {tab 5}

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 12:59:06 pm »
Download the Windows repair tool that's on this website it should have a safe mode button.
Julian

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 02:42:01 pm »
anyupdate on this?
Julian

Offline bungerboon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 07:55:05 am »
Hey Julian sorry I didn't contact you sooner - First of all please forgive this long comment. I know it's long but I need to explain everything in graphic detail as best I can.

I downloaded the program as you said. I ran the disk check and though it's optional how long does it take before the message pops up telling you whether or not it found anything wrong. I had this check disk running from 5pm to 10:41pm and no message ever popped up. Tell me something when you get to the repairs section and click on that button and it goes over into the next page - there's a box near the bottom of that page it displays memory used with a number that constantly changes - right next to that is an area that displays Drive read & Drive Write & CPU usage - each and everyone of those section displays numbers that constantly change.

What does that mean. Since I'm new to this program I thought I was supposed to leave the program on until it filled up the entire box. The box I'm talking about is where it says Memory used followed by a constantly changing number - again since I'm new to this program I thought I was supposed to leave the program running so I did. I started running the whole program last night about 8:00pm and didn't turn off my computer until about 5:00am this morning. Was I supposed to leave the program for that long and have I caused any damage to my computer. When I shut the computer off it didn't really give me any type of message saying I'd done anything wrong. 

Was I supposed to click on the button that says Start Repairs - because just below that button is clearly says current user must be an administrator to run repairs. Am I supposed to click that button - the reason why I didn't click on that button is because I thought it would give me some type of code to enter to which I don't have so I left it alone.

Now my other question is - since going through all that my Outlook e-mail is still giving me problems it gives me a message saying error something about failed encryption or something like that. But If I play around with it - like if I keep clicking it off and then click it back on every time it gives me that error message eventually I'm able to finally get my e-mails sometimes though in duplicate. I don't understand what's going on. Could you help on that - I thought when I called my Verizon service technician who she told me there was nothing wrong but obviously there is. She even went through that whole screen sharing program where she was able to access my computer. I don't know.

Even when I click on other web sites like Bing or Yahoo it takes awhile before the pages come up other times they just come up quickly. The only page I don't seem to have trouble with is Google  Google chrome but if I click on any page that it stored that I frequently use what ever page I click takes while to appear. Does this have anything to do with - going back to Windows repair - was I supposed to click on the Start Repairs button. If that's the reason then I'll breath a huge sigh of relief because if that's all I need to do without worrying about being an administrator and I can click on that button and nothing bad happens then everything will be fine. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 07:41:59 pm by bungerboon »

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 12:47:35 pm »
Click the start repairs you should be okay.
Julian

Offline bungerboon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 10:07:54 am »
hey Julian I did what you said but now after scanning my computer via Avast anti-virus software it now say that I have 227.07 MB of junk files - 38 unnecessary applications and 4 system settings. {Should I be concerned about the sudden increase of 227.07 MB of junk files considering before I had 1.71 GB of junk files.} The program did run as it was supposed to but it did mention that in couldn't find some programs or registry keys not sure what that means.

As far as my Outlook e-mail is concerned I still have to click on the button over and over again before it finally begins working properly. I may need to call Verizon for help on that matter.

I see there is section called visual tweaks where there are 4 unchecked boxes - all the other sections either have one unchecked box or none. So I'm guessing that section - Visual Tweaks is the right section. (But just to make absolute sure I copied down the message Avast gave me - Services Tuning - \iphlpsvc --- \TrkWks --- System tweaks - set CPU priority to prefer foreground apps --- disable fast user switching.) Would that have anything to do with visual tweaks? Just curious.     

Should I uncheck everything else in the Visual Tweaks section and check the 4 unchecked boxes or should I check the 4 unchecked boxes and run the program? 

The 4 unchecked boxes reads as follows -{disable smooth edges of screen fonts} - {disable use common tasks in folders} - {disable use drop shadows for icons on desktop} -- {disable visual styles on windows & buttons} What should I do? Again thank you for being so patient with me Julian thanks again.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 10:50:41 am by bungerboon »