Author Topic: (Solved)Why run time error 53, eventhough the files are in the directory C:  (Read 6322 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,
                It is a astro software free available to cast horoscope. I downloaded and as per the site instructions, i copied the fonts to my Font Folder and then change the compatibility to windows service pack 3 in xp, and clicked the phalit.kkk, which i renamed as exe as per the site instructions. But, when i double click the exe, renamed one, as phalit.exe, i get the run time error 53 and on okaying it , i found another error that file not found error. The file in question is there in c:kundalee folder, which i can see myself.
                            When i try to open the mdb file, i get the macro warning, which i enabled for this content. But still the error does not allow me to install the exe file with the same error popping up. For easy ref: i give below the link and i had not repeated the instructions here.
                                          What should i do ?
http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download
                             There i see the instruction that it will not work on windows 7 student or pro. I have windows 7 ultimate.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 06:41:50 pm by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Why run time error 53, eventhough the files are there in the directory C:
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 09:30:39 am »
The problem is that explorer uses 3rd party files to show the icons of the files. So if one of those files is missing then you get that error.

I would run the latest version of ccleaner and run its registry cleanup. It should remove a lot of those bad registry entries pointing to files that are not there. :wink:

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: Why run time error 53, eventhough the files are there in the directory C:
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 07:09:39 pm »
Hi, Shane,

Thanks.   Yes. You are correct. Moreover, when i unzipped the file, it shows the file name along with the usual path for extracting. So, instead of extracting the file in c:kundalee, the zip file got extracted in c:kundalee\Kundalee. Just deleted the files in this directory and copied the same. Then it worked with no error.The file concerned is full version of the software.This software contains more than i want.
                                        There is one more doubt. I downloaded the lite version in the link and downloaded with care to c:kundalee, but now i get the error no. 76 path not found.In the light version, there was only one exe file, without any data.
                                             Would not windows auto troubleshoot this error. Shane.When i clicked the troubleshooter it is always showing the problem exist, but no solution given for most of the trouble shooter
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".