Author Topic: SFC and Dism Fail  (Read 6573 times)

Offline silhouett

• View Profile
SFC and Dism Fail
« on: September 18, 2015, 11:42:29 am »
I upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1  it works fine but I ran the SFC part of Tweaking and found errors.  Thus this journey began.

I have tried the following
Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
sfc /scannow
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
sfc /scannow

I get this error 'Error: 0x800f081f'   as well I get Dism can not find the needed files

I have tried Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:L:\x64\sources\install.wim:1 

but get the same message and there is an install.wim file located there 

However Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth says the corruption is repairable ?

I  have no Source esd file only the wim  and this is from the downloaded iso for windows 10 install.

I have attached the cbs.log and dism.log if anyone has a solution to what is the issue ?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: SFC and Dism Fail
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 12:06:13 pm »
Can you attach the log of my pre-scan that you said found missing or corrupt files?

Shane

Offline silhouett

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 08:14:29 am »
Hi Shane,

I did not say your pre-scan found missing files. I said I ran your SFC  part of tweaking and it found errors which it could not fix.  So I then opened a command prompt and ran

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

which says the corruption is repairable.

I then tried

Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth 

Which then said it could not find the files needed

So I tried

I have tried Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:L:\x64\sources\install.wim:1

as there is a wim file there on the windows 10 install usb.  However it gave the same message about could not find the files

The two logs I attached were from that.  Your prelog says

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Checking Environment Variables.
Started at (9/21/2015 11:08:17 AM)

This folder in the 'Path' variable doesn't exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static

This folder in the 'Path' variable doesn't exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\NTP\bin

This folder in the 'Path' variable doesn't exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Windows Performance Toolkit\

Problems were found with the Environment Variables.
You can use the Repair Environment Variables Tool at the bottom of this Window to try and fix these problems.

Done (9/21/2015 11:08:17 AM)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan Complete - Problems Found!

You can use the Repair Reparse Points or Repair Environment Variables tools at the bottom of this Window if needed.

While problems have been found, you can still run the repairs in the program.
But for the best results it is recommended to fix the problems reported in this scan if possible.
If you need help fixing any of the items in the log, just post in the forums at Tweaking.com for help.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 10:16:29 pm »
If dism couldnt find the files from the wim file then the missing files where not from the windows 10 install but from an update. Did the cbs log say what files it wanted?

Shane