Author Topic: What to do with my computer? (solved)  (Read 22683 times)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with my computer? ()
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2015, 06:55:54 am »
OK & thank You very much for everything!   :wink:

Don't know what happened there - having clicked on the Quote button, found my reply added to your post - so have done it again.

Anyway, you're welcome and you have 30 days to roll back to your previous OS if you change your mind about Win 10, but it would have been prudent to have created a full external system image before upgrading, should you change your mind after that cut off point.

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
Re: What to do with my computer? (Solved)
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 07:27:49 am »
 :cry:  As of this minute I so want windows 7 back,  I just ran the Windows Repair (All In One) & I not happy?  I can only say I damn good at messin things up  :cry:  I will try to attach the log folder for the repairs & maybe you can tell me if I need to do anything about the results  lol it just made me dizzy & pissy   :shy:                         Also I tried to use Windows Update after  & it said this   :sad: :sad: :sad:

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

• Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.207.3452.0) - Error 0x8024001
• Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081704) - Error 0x80070643

:cheesy:  At least it looks like I did add the attachment right  :sad:

Again Kind Sir Thank you so much for trying to help me   :wink:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2015, 09:36:41 am »
I'm not into the nitty gritty of the WR program and a number of people have been complaining about updates not working in Win 10.

You can either wait until perhaps tomorrow for Shane or Julian to pick up your thread or you can roll back to your previous OS, but it would probably best to remove the (Solved) from your thread title.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-8-easy-3615606/

I wasn't keen on Win 10 either but because the Start menu went dead on me, I had to factory reset to get back to Win 7 and then used the system image I'd created to bring it back up to date.

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2015, 10:57:50 am »
 :shy:  Well I can never get windows 7 back like it was before I stuck in safe mode  I lost to much & I could never get a system image to work for me. Hey thanks for that link I will read it after I go vacuum the lawn  :wink: it dont need mowed just vacuumed   Ohh & also it taking forever for windows to load & finally start.  I a stupid sucker cause I paid out (when I didnt have it to spare) 360 for him supposedly fixing my PC & he never even cleaned it  :cry:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with my computer?
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2015, 02:02:54 pm »
I've always used Windows Create a system image - first onto DVDs and then onto an external HDD.

To restore from an external HDD in Win 7 you need to boot up with a Repair/install disk.

This article will walk you through that but I don't plug in the external HDD until immediately prior to selecting Restore your computer using a system image....

https://www.winhelp.us/restore-a-system-image-in-windows-7.html

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
Re: What to do with my computer?
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2015, 07:53:22 pm »
Thanks Boggin & I will check in tomorrow to see if them guys can help me.  I am getting this now when I run windows update   :teeth:   • Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081704) - Error 0x80070643

I so dont like change now that I have this TBI  :cry: