Author Topic: WMI repository reset failed - Win 7 Ultimate 64  (Read 8380 times)

Offline Amadeus

• View Profile
WMI repository reset failed - Win 7 Ultimate 64
« on: October 21, 2015, 06:35:31 pm »
Shane,

This issue is a recurring one when I run the repair process. The WMI repair log contains about 3400 lines of text with errors similar to the snippet I am posting here - with the exception that there are many different programs with the same #PRAGMA AUTORECOVER error in the entire log. I should add there are about 230 lines of deleted files like this one: C:\Windows\System32\Wbem\AutoRecover\FAAD7D567E76CAB10704AFD7C0488F23.mof

In years past I ran into a somewhat similar error on another computer. What I recall doing is deleting the WBEM folder (backing it up, of course) and rebooting which solved the issue. Perhaps I was just lucky it worked. Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is the snippet:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
smi2smir.exe: No command argument specified, or unknown command argument
WMI repository reset failed
Error code:  0x8007007E
Microsoft (R) MOF Compiler Version 6.1.7600.16385
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp. 1997-2006. All rights reserved.
Parsing MOF file: c:\as.mof
MOF file has been successfully parsed
Storing data in the repository...
Done!
Parsing MOF file: c:\fw.mof
Done!
Parsing MOF file: c:\documents and settings\amadeus\appdata\roaming\kompozer\profiles\nfd6w8b7.default\xul.mfl
c:\documents and settings\amadeus\appdata\roaming\kompozer\profiles\nfd6w8b7.default\xul.mfl (1): error SYNTAX 0X8004400a: Unexpected token at file scope

Compiler returned error 0x8004400aMicrosoft (R) MOF Compiler Version 6.1.7600.16385
Parsing MOF file: c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\officesoftwareprotectionplatform\osppwmi.mof
Done!
Parsing MOF file: c:\program files\condusiv technologies\diskeeper\dkdecoupledprovider.mof
Done!
Parsing MOF file: c:\program files\intel\wifi\bin\iwmspdel.mof
WARNING: File c:\program files\intel\wifi\bin\iwmspdel.mof does not contain #PRAGMA AUTORECOVER.
If the WMI repository is rebuilt in the future, the contents of this MOF file will not be included in the new WMI repository.
To include this MOF file when the WMI Repository is automatically reconstructed, place the #PRAGMA AUTORECOVER statement on the first line of the MOF file.
Done!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best regards,

-Mike
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 09:29:13 pm by Amadeus »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: WMI repository reset failed - Win 7 Ultimate 64
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 08:09:59 am »
You dont have to worry about those.

When the repair fixes WMI the first thing that has to be done is the WMI database has to be deleted. Then it is rebuilt. Normally this is nice and easy. but if users have any 3rd party programs installed that added to the WMI then they wont be in there any more.

So the repair loops through the drive looking for the .mof files to add back. Some mof files cant be added back or are not meant to, so you get those errors, but it doesnt hurt anything. Since the program is looking at the whole drive there is no way to tell what mof to try to add and which not, so getting errors with it is normal :-)

Shane