Author Topic: Suspended.exe files ( SOLVED)  (Read 33190 times)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Suspended.exe files
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2015, 04:34:18 am »
Goodnight Peaches.

I'm about 8hrs ahead of you so I will be thinking about lunch shortly :)

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2015, 01:30:58 pm »
Attached are screen shoots of drive C: I havent looked a F  kind of scared to do that but I go now & see   :sad:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2015, 04:33:40 pm »
I don't now what that log relates to, but you have ample evidence that your main OS drive is okay and that it is just the new back up drive that has had it.

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2015, 09:45:55 am »
Hi Boggin sorry took so long for me to reply my brain just kind of shut down.  Yesterday I found out that the guy whom worked on my PC & added the back up drive (F) has went out of business this week sometime.  NO wounder I couldnt reach him on phone.  :teeth:    I am  humm dont know word i want lost maybe at what to do next. 

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2015, 02:19:51 pm »
Unless you can locate him then it looks like you are going to have to write off the cost of that modification.

I use an external USB HDD - given what I have to back up, a Seagate 500GB HDD does me and I have system images for 4 machines on there.

I did buy a Seagate 1TB external HDD which I was going to use for my Win 10 images, but my journey with Win 10 didn't last very long.

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2015, 04:43:14 pm »
What kind of money is a external USB HDD?  not that I have any for rest of month & it looks the same for next month BUT the one after looks good.  OK I will put solved,  cause there no more to do with that stupid drive OHHH He put Viperon my PC for antivirus Hum I never heart of it before. I was looking at bitdefender & was wondering if you saw  any trouble with it in these forums??  I thank you Boggin for dealing with me & my dumb PC  you have a great day OPPS night I guess it would be for you   :wink:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 04:47:32 pm by Peaches »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Suspended.exe files (SOLVED)
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2015, 01:29:08 am »
Up until about 3 years back I was using DVDs for my system images and with just programs and what I keep in my Docs and Downloads folders, that only amounts to ~57GB which including the Recovery partition used to take 5 DVDs.

Where photos, music and videos are concerned then that can be substantially more, but it is a cheaper option.

About 3 years back I bought my Seagate 500GB external HDD which cost £60 but the price has come down on them since, as the 1TB that I bought this year, also cost £60.

I would think the price would vary depending upon which country you were in.

You can Google for a review on Vipre - here's one which puts it in a decent light -

http://www.comparedandreviewed.com/anti-virus-software/vipre-antivirus/review

While Bitdefender usually gets good reviews, it can bog down your computer and I know of one person on another forum who had to remove it last year because it reduced the machine's performance to a crawl - so I wouldn't recommend buying something which may or not affect a computer's performance.

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2015, 02:07:36 am »
OHH WOW the DVD's do sound good  I will give them a go & see from there.   Thanks for the info on bitdefender   :wink: I let that one pass then.   From reading that link you gave me I will leave viper alone & let it do its thing.  Thanks Again Boggin for all your help & info.   :wink:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2015, 02:40:52 am »
The only downside to using DVDs is that creating a system image onto them seems to take ages, but at least it does give you a back up.

Another downside is that with an external HDD you can use drag & drop for individual items, but you could be restricted as to the file sizes when doing that onto DVDs.

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2015, 10:08:41 am »
Hummm  Well it sounds like the solution is for me to be rich & famous  :shy: Sorry i couldnt help it.  I will use the DVD's till I can afford a external HDD.  Ohh how do you know if it worked I mean after you upload to the DVD the image or files you  need how can you tell if it a good upload?  not right words but close  :undecided:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2015, 11:04:58 am »
It's usual to restore with the system image after creating it to ensure that it works.

I only ever had one problem when I wanted to restore with DVDs from the image before last and had to go back to the more recent one, but sometimes a bad image can leave you in no mans land.

That time Windows told me there was a problem and couldn't proceed or something along those lines.

Have you had any more freezes ?

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2015, 11:40:35 am »
yes but it was when I am on my browser firefox.   If i dont get carried away & have 10 or more windows open at same time it probably not happen, I so use to this pc being able to deal with that kind of stuff  &&   :confused:  I confess I a button pusher since the TBI  & I have hard time trying not to do it  :shy:  I deleted all info from the F drive & a different program then the one you told me about says   OMG it soo much easyer to just attach it for both of us  :cheesy:    There it attached now.   That good to know about windows watching our backs  well most the time anyway.      Bye for now Boggin

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2015, 02:26:07 pm »
I'm a little confused about your last post and why you have posted the Nvidia log and to what programs other than the stuff on F: you have deleted.

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2015, 06:25:24 pm »
Ohh I sorry I didnt say what I was doing   :shy: :shy:  After I deleted everything the ratting went up from critical & I dont understand why? OMG!!!  i JUST LOOKED AT THE FILE I attached & it isnt the one I I wanted. I soo sorry & no wounder you confused  :shy: :shy:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2015, 03:06:18 am »
So can we start again on this last bit :)

What rating has gone up from critical ?

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2015, 12:48:37 pm »
On F Drive it went from critical to caution or at least it said cation in a scan by crystal disk  & that was after I moved/deleted the contents of F drive, is this just a difference in 2 different programs? or something else?  In your Opinion of course.  :wink:  I did tweaking repair windows on drive C & if you can look at it (when you can, no hurry)  :shy:  Tell me if basically it Ok or not??   From now on I will have to ship my PC somewhere to be fixed & I dont know when it needs help before it becomes critical.   Not sure that made since.  :shy:     
                    Than You Boggin

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2015, 01:46:27 pm »
Your Repair Log looks fine.

While I've heard of Crystal Disk, I've never used it.

I was going to download it but see that it comes with Open Candy adware, so gave it a miss.

Run HD Sentinel again to see if its report has changed and then open Command Prompt (Admin) and enter chkdsk c: /r and follow the prompts for it to run at the next boot.

When done, go start - type eventvwr and press enter.

When it has read the data, expand Windows Logs - click on Application/Action/Find then type chkdsk or wininit into the Find box and press enter.

Cancel the Find box and read the full report in the scrollable window.

To post the report, click on Copy/Copy details as text in the lower right pane - right click in the reply box and select paste.

Open another admin cmd prompt and enter chkdsk f: /r then do the same for that report.

The chkdsks can take some time complete, so pick your moment when to run them if there is something else you want to do on the computer.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2015, 08:44:21 am »
One thing that could take precedence over the cost of an external HDD would be an USB flash drive of at least 8GB to create a Recovery/Repair USB Drive if you have already created the Win 10 install disk using the Media creation Tool.

http://techzend.com/how-to-create-a-recovery-repair-usb-drive-in-windows-10/

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 08:51:50 am by Boggin »

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2015, 11:31:06 am »
I didnt know you could get a flash drive with that lrg a capacity.  It is good to know.  I am attaching the 2 diff scans done by HD Sentinel   I confess I got lost trying to do the rest of what you said & then I got sidetracked. I hoping today is better .    :omg:  No I havent made a windows 10 install disk.  I go now to see what I can do.  Thank You Boggin
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 11:42:27 am by Peaches »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2015, 01:29:50 pm »
It's strange that it has found less bad blocks but more weak sectors since you removed the files, but it's still reporting it as having poor health.

Opening a Command Prompt (Admin) and entering chkdsk f: /r and then viewing the report, while "roping off" the bad sectors will confirm how badly damaged the HDD in the number of KBs in bad sectors.

My last post should have read if you haven't already created the Win 10 install disk as that can be used instead of a Recovery/Repair USB.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 01:33:35 pm by Boggin »

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2015, 04:42:32 pm »
How do I open a elevated mode command prompt??   Access denied as you dont have sufficient privileges.   You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode.   :shy:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2015, 12:12:08 am »
How do I open a elevated mode command prompt??   Access denied as you dont have sufficient privileges.   You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode.   :shy:

Here is a tutorial http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-open-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-10/

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2015, 01:26:58 am »
Ahh Thank You so much Boggin  :wink:

I have spent the last few hours looking at all the windows 10 stuff that the winaero site has!! I cant thank you enough for giving me that link!!!   :cheesy: :cheesy:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 04:19:13 am by Peaches »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2015, 06:01:38 am »
You just need to ask Google the right questions, which is what I did to find that link :D

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2015, 06:57:45 am »
 :cheesy:  but google dont understand me   :wink: most dont though.  I attached the chkdsk f: /r   report, it wouldnt let me copy or safe it so I took 2 print screens of it.   I learning lots from that site!!  AGAIN Thanks so much  :wink: