Author Topic: Windows repair 3.6.1 not working  (Read 7009 times)

Offline njmcft

• View Profile
Windows repair 3.6.1 not working
« on: October 29, 2015, 11:26:22 am »
 I recently  try to use V3.6.1 of windows repair to resolve a problem in the Edge Browser. After step # 1, I went in safe mode via the program. It went  into safe mode however it did not go into safe mode with networking. I then rebooted my system, tried again, it came back with an Windows error - 'Waiting on Windows'- promptly shut down. I then rebooted again. However when I rebooted this time I lost my left click menu (s) on my mouse. (right click is find). It appears the windows immersive control panel was deleted. I tried system restore but that did not resolve the problem.
 Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
W10 Build 10240
HP Pavilion DV6 4Gb memory; Samsung Pro 850 128 V4.8 Samsung magician software.

Offline Almighty1

• View Profile
Re: Windows repair 3.6.1 not working
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 11:49:30 am »
Try this while logged in as the user with the problem in regular Windows mode:
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/25353-microsoft-edge-reset-default-windows-10-a.html

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 07:07:41 pm »
Also, just for those who don't know, when you select the option to boot into safe mode from the Windows AIO repair interface, it DOES boot you into safe mode with networking.  It might be a little confusing since the network icon has the red "x" over it in the tak bar, but try the following steps to verify that you have network access (applicable only for Windows 8/8.1/10):
1) When your desktop loads, press CTRL+ALT+DLT
2) When click on the "network" icon from the CTRL+ALT+DLT screen.
3) If you are wireless, you should see your wireless networks displayed just like normally.  Just select your usual wireless network, click connect, and it will automatically connect you.  However, the network icon in the taskbar WILL NOT change as to indicate that you are connected to a network, even though you are.  If you want to be 100% sure, just launch your internet browser and try going to a website.

Offline njmcft

• View Profile
Re: Windows repair 3.6.1 or 3.6.2 not working
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 02:44:18 pm »
Looked and tried whiggs suggested solution. It a good work around until the program is fixed. I know now the program goes into Safe Mode with networking (thanks to whigg), Updated to v3.6.2 and tried to rerun Windows repair and received the following error after step # 2  "tweaking.com-Windows repair has stopped working". Any suggestions?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 09:07:43 pm »
Can you check the event viewer and see what it says about the program crashing?

I havent had anyone else report any crashes, so I am curious what your system shows to it crashing. Did you get the portable version or the installer? If you used the portable version did you make sure to extract all the files? Also at what point does it crash, soon as you open it or after you do something in it?

Shane