Author Topic: Can't purchase WR (AIO) - bolcked by Norton,Ghostery,AdBlock Plus,Java [solved]  (Read 11022 times)

Offline Article_86

• View Profile
Desktop Specs.:
Window 7 Pro 64-bit v6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601, Norton 360 v22.5.2.24

Was going to purchase the new WR Pro, but Norton stopped me.  When downloading new version, Norton File Insight had no problems with the file itself, however the purchase was flagged by Norton as a "Dangerous Site" (see attached WR Stop1.png).  Looking further, Norton details that the site contains Threat "Spyware.ADH" (see attached WR Stop2.png), so you lost a sale ... sorry.  - Art   :sad:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 12:38:20 pm by Article_86 »
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd go away...
- Hughes Mearns

Offline Article_86

• View Profile
Re: Can't purchase WR (AIO) - payment site bolcked by Norton
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 12:40:29 pm »
Here's additional information (per Norton) that may help:

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2010-040922-3853-99

[edit]  Also, when I tried a access the payment site Ghostery blocked SeeWhy and booted me to a HTTP 404 (see attached file "WR Stop3.png").  Are these warnings acceptable to you guys?  It is illogical for me to supply financial information on a site like this.  How do they get away with it ... I've never heard of them and they seem dubious, at best.  Am I insane not to do business with them? -  Art
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 12:34:38 pm by Article_86, Reason: additional image »
- Hughes Mearns

Offline Article_86

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 12:45:12 pm »
To hell with it, I'm going in anyway.  I better not get shafted on this.  - Art   :undecided:
- Hughes Mearns

Offline Article_86

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 01:42:03 pm »
OK, I hate to be cold about this, but I just tried to purchase WR Pro for the 5th time ... and STILL no love!  I White Listed the site on Ghostery AND disabled AdBlock Plus and now I get a Java warning that boots me to HTTP 404 after the site opens for about a second (see attached file "WR Stop4.png").  What the hell?  Do I have to shut down every bit of my security settings to make this purchase?  I promised you guys that I would buy WR because I use it  and sort of like it.  But my patience has worn thin and I think that I've gone above and beyond what needs to be done to purchase your product.  One can only imagine the lost sales that have and will be lost because of this.  If you are using this site on a Trial basis I suggest you drop it like a bad habit!  I'm not going to 'lift my skirt' for some non-descript sales site to 'see my goodies'.  Fix it.  Fix me.  Do something.  - Art   :angry:
- Hughes Mearns

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
mycommerce is a VERY largely used online shopping cat, used by a LOT of programs and sites. Norton is falsly flagging it because some other user must have bought a bad program off of their and so they block the entire url. That url is used by every one of their shopping carts.

The best thing to do is to send the link to Symantec and they will remove the false flag.

Thats the problem with automated systems like Symantec, but when it happens they have a real human look at it and fix the false flag.

Shane

Offline Tim_Tweaking

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
Can you disable Nortons for 5 minutes? Most anti-virus programs if you right click the icon in the tray will allow you to disable it for problems exactly like this.
Tweaking.Com Support and Moderator

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I've had problems with Norton 360 flagging some sites as dangerous and has blocked downloads - finding they were infected with something or other with Norton's own designation.

Sometimes Windows SmartScreen Firewall has endorsed that, but I've found that disabling Norton's Identity Protection add-on usually stops the false positives.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 07:10:24 am by Boggin »

Offline Article_86

• View Profile
OK.  I'll circumvent Norton, Ghostery, and AdBlock Pro.  But what do I do about the Java error shown in my posted image (WR Stop4.png)?  The javascript block is indicated at the bottom of the image, in a red rectangle.  I have never had this problem before on ANY other sites?  I realize that it's not Tweaking's problem but that of the vendor.  It made me frustrated, then angry that I could not purchase your product.  Yes, I was 'POed', but it was for  a good cause.  - Art
- Hughes Mearns

Offline Tim_Tweaking

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
I hate to give this answer because people love their web browsers but I use Chrome. Even Firefox. Is that something you can do or no? And thanks for your patience and support.

Offline Article_86

• View Profile
Re: Can't purchase WR (AIO) - site bolcked by Internet Exploder [solved]
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 09:23:40 am »
I have no allegiances, exept for "The Federation".  lol  I use Firefox normally, but since Norton's Identity safe does not work with newest Firefox I have been using IE.   :sad:  I'll try the site with Firefox in a little while.  Good idea!  Right now, I have a 'bone to pick' with Norton.  Thanks.  - Art
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 12:34:09 pm by Article_86 »
- Hughes Mearns

Offline Article_86

• View Profile
That did it, Tim_Tweaking!  Firefox got me there without disabling any security programs.  SOLD!!  Thank you very much.  - Art  :smiley:
- Hughes Mearns

Offline Tim_Tweaking

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
Thank you for your patience and being a customer!