Author Topic: Windows All-In-One Repair is the Best!  (Read 8511 times)

Offline thatcrazydoglady

• View Profile
Windows All-In-One Repair is the Best!
« on: November 19, 2015, 12:56:18 pm »
 :cheesy:  I can only say that once again, Tweaking.com has come through for me!  Advanced System Care 8 downloaded and installed the most recent Windows 8.1 updates yesterday.  Big mistake!  Something then caused my audio to disappear (still had drivers, just no sound!) and put my desktop back in an auto-grid.  I'm sure there were other things messed up, but that was enough to set me on a hunt to fix those problems, at least!  But then I discovered that System Restore was also messed up and wouldn't allow a restore, altho' there were several restore points to choose from.  Hmmmmm......So, when all else fails, Windows All-In-One to the rescue!  This site and this program have been so good to me, that I had to bite the bullet and pay for the Pro version!  I'm not really sure what more I get for the upgrade, but for what this has done for me, It's been worth it's weight in gold!  Thanks so much for being here for us!  And YES, problems all fixed and I'm back in business!  Lesson learned, don't let ASC8 automatically download/install updates!!!!!   

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows All-In-One Repair is the Best!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 02:59:48 pm »
I think the only difference is the auto update prompt when Shane enhances it - I've also bought the Pro, but as yet haven't had a need for it.

Another lesson learned would be to get rid of ASC - causes more problems than it's worth.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 03:04:12 pm »
Check the pro features tab in the program :-)

I also will be adding more pro features as time goes on.

My fav out of the pro features is the enhanced windows disk cleanup. I have it set to scan all user profiles and not just the currently logged on user. So on customer machines that have a lot of users that is a big plus. And it does more of course  :wink:

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 03:31:45 pm »
I hadn't seen the Pro button.

Does the enhanced disk cleanup do the same as Extended Disk Cleanup using the cmd %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 04:12:54 pm »
You can go and click on each on and see what they do. I also made it to where they are scripts for the program so more can be added and users can even make their own :-)

Shane

Offline thatcrazydoglady

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 05:13:02 pm »
I actually did use it for the quick Safe Mode, since I figured after 4 hours of the repairs not finishing, there had to be something wrong, but I wasn't able to get to Safe Mode without your trick!  Thanks! 

Repairs were then completed in about 45 minutes and voilĂ !  Problems fixed and I have sound again!  Haven't attempted a System Restore, but since my main problem has been fixed, I think I'll wait till I won't be messing with anything that All-In-One just fixed.  Had to relocate my desktop to how I like it, but that was a minor deal.  Gotta admit tho', it's things like this that have always made me leary of Windows updates in general and for me, anyway, the jury remains out about upgrading to Windows 10!

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 08:52:15 am »
I'd lock the jury out for a while until MS sort out Win 10.

While many haven't had any problems with it, that and subsequent updates have for some.

Shane is currently modifying the WR program because the recent updates have corrupted MS's command to reinstall Win 10's apps which WR uses.

Offline Article_86

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 01:24:50 am »
 :smiley:  I want to wish everyone a Happy Holidays' as I am back up and running thanks to Windows Repair (All in One) for repairing my PC.  It was in such a mess, I had tried many things and other "Free" Repair Tools.  I remembered Tweaking.com from years ago and discovered Windows Repair through a search.  I wish that I had tried it first.  The other "Free" programs just made things worse, but Windows Repair did the trick.  I was so thankful for getting my PC working properly, that for the first time (other than CCleaner), I had to upgrade to Windows Repair Pro to give thanks for what they did for me.  This Forum is also a great resource for getting expert advise.  These guys know what they are doing!  They don't just send you off after giving you a B.S. line to make you think that you are supported. 

Since then, I have gotten to know several people here that 'have your back' ... for real.  I appreciate that a lot.  So I had to stop by and give my thanks.  I want to wish everyone at Tweaking.com (and their Forum) has a great year, and many more to come!  - Art   :smiley:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd go away...
- Hughes Mearns