Author Topic: Technical Writing  (Read 5895 times)

Offline guest31

• View Profile
Technical Writing
« on: January 03, 2016, 03:36:20 pm »
I am uninstalling this program for a single reason- the first instruction on resetting the machine are ridiculous, ludicrous and stupid.

The computer is losing power? Seriously? And then repeatedly power in and power off your customer's machine? SERIOUSLY?

Hire yourself a real technical writer, as a senior IT Business Analyst with a large firm I can tell you your copy is wrong. That menas your customer will get nothing out of the application.

Shame on you.

Offline Still_Game

• View Profile
Re: Technical Writing
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 09:42:40 am »
Strange you should be so upset by by this suggestion. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has always discharged any residual power in the system before working on a computer or trying to resolve performance issues. And the same holds good for any issues with routers and such.
Iain

ThinkPad T450s W10 Pro x64
Windows Defender, Malwarebytes Premium
Macrium Reflect 7 Home, Tweaking WRAIO Pro

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 11:39:23 am »
@guest31
You may want to fire off a similar note to all the major manufacturers, who also recommend a proper power reset too...http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/  "as a senior IT Business Analyst with a large firm" I'm sure that they will take your expert advice  :rolleyes:

Shane on you  :wink:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 08:51:40 am »
Losing power? WTF are you talking about??

The first step tells you to DRAIN all the power out of the system because that is how you properly RESET hardware. It says nothing about losing power.

But hey, thanks for taking the time to register, post a complaint that has no merit and insult me. Happy new year!

Shane