Author Topic: dhcp and gateway are one and the same access points. Is it correct?  (Read 5616 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,
                  My default gateway and dhcp server show the same access point. Is it normal or should i configure. I do not have any connection problem. what this means.
                 If it is not correct, then please say how to change the dhcp access point,
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline jpm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
Re: dhcp and gateway are one and the same access points. Is it correct?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 10:02:02 am »
Well, the real answer to this is if the default gateway and the dhcp server are the same - then yes - its correct.

Also, if neither worked you would not be connected to the internet.  So since you wrote here, then you have your proof that the settings are correct and you shouldn;t mess with them   :wink:

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: dhcp and gateway are one and the same access points. Is it correct?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 01:14:14 am »
hi, Thanks for the answer.
                     Another sub question: The last digit of any ip alloted varies from 1 to 255, that is the max sub net mask. I want to know, is that means each of these numbers like 2,3 are allotted to each. whenever i had internet access problem, i was told some other point other than the actual  ip , preferred , to get back the internet access by the ISP. why it was not working in the already allotted ip and i need to change the ip , when the problem is faced me in internet access.
                      How the ip is allotted in 4 dots in order. There are lakhs of persons using internet and how these access points to all are given by the ISP. Is there other points that are more than meet the eye? jpm welcome
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Julian