Author Topic: RunDLL Error Pop Up upon boot - Windows 8.1 64bit  (Read 5189 times)

Offline riese345

• View Profile
RunDLL Error Pop Up upon boot - Windows 8.1 64bit
« on: March 16, 2016, 01:59:42 pm »
I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit O/S. I have a "RunDLL" error that pops up upon boot.
"There was a problem starting C:\\Windows\system32\nvspcap64.dll. The specified module could not be found."

I did a deep Uninstall using Iobit a while back called Network Magic that came with my old Cisco router. I have used all the tools and software on your sites, but it still pops up.

I would also like to know if you have a promo code for purchasing your software programs. It is my way of thanking you for providing such great tools and websites! I have referred many other people to your websites since finding you in September 2015. I will wait to make my purchase until I hear from you. Thank you, Shane!!!

Offline TrapperX

• View Profile
Re: RunDLL Error Pop Up upon boot - Windows 8.1 64bit
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 03:56:23 pm »
It looks like a NVidia Audio driver that is included with the new update of NVidia graphics drivers - installed to allow audio to be captured with "Shadow Play" ... however if your system hardware doesn't support this ... then you get the nvspcap64.dll error.

Simply go into Programs and Features and find something called NVidia Virtual Audio - and uninstall.

If your system does support and you use Shadow Play reinstall the drivers from NVidia.

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RunDLL Error Pop Up upon boot - Windows 8.1 64bit
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 08:28:43 pm »
You beat me to the punch thanks trapper :wink:
Julian