Author Topic: Windows 10 I CAN NOT  (Read 7357 times)

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
Windows 10 I CAN NOT
« on: March 11, 2016, 01:02:27 pm »
 I have included my windows info I have installed.     I was unable to reset with files so I ran repair 2 times & I still can not do it.  I get this instead  "There was a problem resetting your computer" No changes were made.       Why??    WHAT do I do???  Thank you for any help with this.   :sad:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 I CAN NOT
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 08:51:01 am »
Here are a choice of methods to repair Win 10 http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Is this someone else's computer you are working on ?

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 10:58:37 am »
Hi Boggin
                                                                       No it is mine,I been having some trouble with it & I am  guilty of doing something to cause it  :wink: no one else has used it. 
                                                                             I will try the link you left & let you know what happens.
                                                                                                       Thank You for your help
                                                                                                                      Peaches

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 11:45:42 am »
It's just that I would have expected a different username on the computer, which made me think it belonged to a friend/relative.

Offline Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 12:17:20 pm »
 :cheesy: :cheesy:   I had to go look to see what you meant & yes I understand now.  That was the name the fix it guy gave it.   :wink:   Ok I got to confess I forgot to get the link you gave me.  :shy:  BUT I got it now  :wink:
                                              Peaches

I just got done looking at that link & I cant do any of them, I have no back up yet. That the  reason I have not tried the complete reinstall, where it gos back to factory settings & everything else is tossed.  I Ordered a exterior Hard Drive (back-up drive) it should be here ohh today Saturday Monday I hope. Then I can put my files on it so I no lose them.  Humm please tell me it that a good idea or not  :shy: I can get my self in so much trouble by knowing just enough to really mess things up.   Sorry got side tracked again  :shy:
                                                                           Peaches

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:32:30 pm by Peaches »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 04:23:52 pm »
It's always a good idea to have an external HDD to back up to and with a system image on one would save you from having to go the full repair when things go awry.

Offline HappyElderGeek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 09:23:25 am »
BACKUPS.  ALWAYS MAKE BACKUPS.  But, most backup products are clumsy and error-prone.

I have a script, and a simple US$39 product from Germany, that allows me to make 100% backups of each computer (locally on a separate partition, with as many days' worth of backup as you'd like to have; I use 5) and a 100% copy to an ancient XP system that writes them to an external drive (which I change every 10 days or so; I keep three 1TB disks in rotation; the eldest is in the trunk of my car, so if the house burns...).  Last night's backup is in three places!

If you're interested, I could post more of it here.  I call it "The Waterfall" method.