Author Topic: how to execute the cab file in windows xp sp3  (Read 6408 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
how to execute the cab file in windows xp sp3
« on: March 30, 2016, 10:42:35 pm »
Hi, Now the updates are downloading. but when i prefer a cd dvd msoft fixit, it shows a preparing to load , ultimately gives a failure message that it could not continue with error code 80072f8f error. But, there was a message to use a utility , when downloaded gives a cab file. when i double click on it, it opens with notepad as if to view only. How to open cab files to get the solution i needed. the open notepad is full of machine languages and would not work. which programs should i use it to open and how to install cab fies to get the desired effect of fixit.
                             why fix it not working, eventhough, i included all the required websites in trusted zone in internet explorer. I tried by downloading the fix it thro ie . It also gives the same error. would i expect a quick response to this query
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: how to execute the cab file in windows xp sp3
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 12:17:27 am »
hi, why i am getting this error. even when i renamed catroot 2, and reregistering dll files for crypto services, i could not run microsoft fix it.pl

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 07:11:16 pm »
When i click the microsoft for xp, it does not run and come with the enclosed error above. But , there is a mention to fix thro cab file, given in the link in the error box. When i click it downloads the cab files. But clicking this open in note file. If it could not be run in xp version, why then it is giving as fix it for xp? Is there any idea, boggin and julian.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 12:58:59 am »
no reply so far. i tried google, and hear about devcon. I downloaded but i it is a cab file. . when i double click it just opens how to workaround it to open and install so that i could use devcon commands to use to get the device upper filters and lower filters of cd rom