Author Topic: Several Computer Problems[Solved]  (Read 12246 times)

Offline dondon

• View Profile
Several Computer Problems[Solved]
« on: April 01, 2016, 01:44:34 am »
Sorry for posting so many problems at once but i tryed to solvr them on my on and ended up bunching them toghether

1. Slow Windows Explorer - Windows Explorer starts slowly,showing the "Please Wait" cursor when hovering it to taskbar.The registry entry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> Software >> Microsoft >> Windows NT >> CurrentVersion >> WinLogon[Shell] is explorer.exe so something else is the issue.Only porgrams running at startup are GreenShot(nrly 45 Mb of memory usage) and Free Alarm Clock(7 MB memory usage).

2. GPU drops dramatically whlie Gaming, online or offline.What it happens is that at some point,any game ill play,demanding low or high resources,will overload my processor(about 97-100%),the sound would flicker and the frames would drop dramatically.Honestly this one is odd as I don't know what may have cause it.If you wonder if it is a hardware confict well its not.This problem occured recently and none of the drivers undertook any updates/upgrades within that period of time.

Note : I only post when the problems I have can't be solved by all the programs in the Software List.All that software is updated to it latest version

System Specifications

Software LIST

Uniblue Powersuite
Malware Anti-Malware Bytes
Advanced System Care
CC Cleaner Pro
Hitman PRO
Microsoft Boot Vis
Adware Cleaner
RKill
Rogue Killer
Junkware Removal Tool

« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 04:01:25 pm by dondon »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Several Computer Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 02:08:24 am »
You have two programs on there that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole and they are Uniblue Powersuite and ASC and they could be the cause of your problems if you have allowed them to "clean" your registry.

While I know ASC has an Undo option, not sure about Uniblue - I tried that in my naïve days and it screwed my system.

Fortunately I had the foresight to create a system image before running it.

One other thing you could look at is the temps should it be overheating.

With a desktop pc, I believe you can check these in the BIOS, but a useful program I have installed is the free version of HWMonitor.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

With an older machine and newer games, the GPU may not be up to it and with a desktop pc, the PSU is also something to consider.

HWMonitor will also show if your voltages are as they should be.

I would also do a chkdsk /f to see if there were any bad sectors developing.

The 30 day trial version of HDSentinel is a handy program for checking out a HDD as it will give you a written report.

http://www.hdsentinel.com/

Use the green download button then uninstall when done so as to be able to use it as and when.

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 02:09:07 am »
So it looks like you have a lot covered, but what i've noticed you did not say anything about hardware temps. http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

can you get a snap shot of your temps?

side note:the processor you have has a max temp of 100 degrees you don't ever want it near that lol.

on the other hand what kind of graphics card do you have?
let me know thanks,
Julian
Julian

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 02:10:12 am »
man you beat me to it boggin lol....
Julian

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 02:15:25 am »
man you beat me to it boggin lol....

Had nothing else to do at the time :lol

Offline dondon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 03:10:42 pm »
Down is the data you requested.I've been trying to recreate the conditions that "Halt" produces and came by a supprising result.Apparently my RAM does't clean itself up for some reason.In one of my games it reported an error saying not enough memory space to allocate.Why took me so long?Well apparently the tool i've been recommended is somehow diminishing the efects but not by a substantial value.Still i wonder if this problem is related to user profiles.Will check it out

Now System Resources Vs Game Requirements

All around Disk Usage

And the issue by CPUID HWMonitor

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 03:34:15 pm »
Your temps while gaming are higher that I would expect if the fan was doing its job and your battery is well overdue for a new one.

Get yourself an air duster can and give the laptop a good blow out, including the keyboard as some laptops draw air in through the keys.

When blowing onto the fan intake, don't place the end of the air duster straw too close to the grid as you can damage the fan blades.

On the underside of the laptop, there should be a panel you can remove to access the RAM modules.

Remove this and direct the straw around there to get into the heat sink - it looks like a copper strip.

You could remove the RAM module(s) to see if the contacts are tarnished and can be gently cleaned with an ink rubber, but reseating them doesn't harm.

Offline dondon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 10:36:24 pm »
The problem is that the the lag does not appear when i start a game but throughout the game.The more time i spend playing,the better chance to get this lag.It wont appear during the beggining.It will just slowly become more and more obvious until it works with frames  :sad:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 03:15:50 am »
That's because the longer you play, the temp will increase if the fan is struggling to keep that down.

HWMonitor shows the CPU at 100% when gaming and that doesn't give you any wriggle room so the machine will start to lag.

You need to get to work with an air duster can, because the overheating will get worse and eventually damage the CPU/GPU - so I would advise against continuing gaming until you get this sorted.

It's already maxing out at 89ºC and the best the fan can get it down to is 74 - 77ºC.

A laptop fan should be able to keep the temps under 70ºC.

It isn't just the game that's causing the problem - anything graphics intense will give you the same problem.

Furmark has a GPU stress test you can run for about 20 mins where you will see the temp rise and hopefully hear the fan speed increase.

http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

Offline dondon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2016, 03:58:31 am »
Added a fan to under my laptop to decrease the temperature.But I checked the temperatures on one of my roommates and strangely enough CPU temperature is quite the same,although his device is a Quad-Core.I've also made some research and lagging(GPU drops) shouldn't occur unless CPU temperatures exceeds 100 degrees Celsius.

I've also had some error mesages displayed like not enough memory space to allocate.What is that supposed to mean?As far as i kniw RAM should clean itself at regular time intervals.

For cleaning up of my fan,what would you recommend?
Clean it Myself / Clean it at a Computer Service provided by my Device manufacturer

As for the "explorer.exe",it seems a user account related problem.Created a new account and the explorer worked like a charm on it.Any idea why this happens?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 09:27:22 am »
I think temps are horse for courses but when my laptop starts to get into the 60s, it gets a good blow out.

This laptop is a Dual Core.

Anyway, here's some bedtime reading https://www.badosoft.com/knowledgebase/fix_computer_lag_successfully.php

Memory - it's talking about your Paging File and Virtual Memory.

By default, Windows auto looks after this but utilises the free space on a HDD so lack of free space or high fragmentation will reduce this and could lead to a memory error message.

As for cleaning it out, blow out the exhaust port and the fan air intake, as well as the keyboard then see if the temps comes down somewhat.

Removing the RAM module panel will help you to get in a bit more, but don't touch any components with the straw to avoid static transfer.

In extreme cases the thermal paste needs to be renewed on the CPU, which while you could do yourself, laptops can be finicky to strip down to that level so it would be better to take it in for that.

Offline dondon

• View Profile
Re: Several Computer Problems[Solved]
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2016, 03:59:19 pm »
[Problem Solved]

I've monitored my pc performance at startup daily by a system(a batch that adds 1 continuasly for a minute duration , just to trace performance ; also known as APM) and discovered i caught some sort of Ghost Virus.Incredibly enough none of the antiviruses i used deteced it so i had to manually backtrack it(thank god i had that batch so i see any performance drops).

Anyways,this virus just "Disabled" all my drivers 1 by 1 by removing their part of their vital functions(you know the graphic card driver,remove it and your system will start crawilng).In addition it fucked up with my laptop battery drive and I recieved a message of Inadequate voltage(so your battery wont charge because that pesky virus "reduced" the value of the voltage your battery charges making it apparently full but with reduce voltage so it will sustain the device way shorter).It keeps the application running and prevents it from crashing so everthing works apparently ok at Software and you start blaming the Hardware.Anyways got rid of it but very hard,mostly cleaning up most partitons(about 50% or more),defragmenting and repeated scanning and none came.

Glad I got rid of it.Now Device APM tripled,got from 4900-5000 to about 19000 so I am very happy.
Thx for all help and support.Until then avoid searching for Newest movies,i caught this from a cookie of Zootopia or KungFuPanda 3
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 04:06:25 pm by dondon »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 04:17:44 pm »
Yes, an infection would certainly do it but with what you have installed, would have thought at least one of those would have caught it.

Do you have MBAM set to treat PuPs and PuMs as malware ?

I think we were thrown off by the high temps which would also have given you the symptoms you were experiencing.

Did you catch the name of the infection ?

Offline dondon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2016, 11:43:55 pm »
Checked MBAM and yes,I have it to treat PUPs and PUMs as Malaware.And about the name of infection I can't tell exactly what its name was.I just assumed the file responsible for that is within some folders I worked recently with, mainly my downloads folder.Then deleted all local content stored by my browser to eliminate all data stored on my device from various websites.I must't have deleted it long with some other filles.I deleted most of my PC games and now all my local disk have either 50% or below disk occupied.I don't know for sure its name mainly because Task manager didn't dispayed it as a process so it was completely "Invisible" to Me(Task Manager - tryed that first,dispay process from all users ; Process Monitor),just nothing to see.

As I said ,that virus might have been lingering in my system for a while and activate itself periodicaly through a registry schedule.Since autoimatic registry editing is a background service you wont even notice any change.I still pointed out what i've been searching for that gave me that infection.
And I still had to monitor my device to ensure complete removal.Since my last post, the performance (APM) is way greater.That graphs have data from the ending of my backtracking process and observing the performance improvements.The virus didn't seem to make any new appearence in my system

Steps Undertaken by Manual BackTracking

1. Remove old Filles to improve scanning speed(Remove OLD Large Trusted Filles (All but Recent System restore Points,PC Games,Movies) )
2. Scan for Viruses(used Avast and Kaspersky,curiously none reported anything since i monitor all my downloads(Check then Move for SafeKeep/ Remove))
3. Scan for Malware(MBAM-no malware detected)
4. Disk Cleanup(cleanmgr.msc process to delete ol filles,syste restores,or internet cookies)
5. Disk Defragment(Advanced System Care 8)
6. Registry Backup(Manualy at the end of my every OS install i do 2 registry backups.1st is a registry backup for OS only and 2nd apart from OS includes Drivers.Any other software is excluded owing to the fact that many of the modify your OS registry without your notice)
7. Registry Defragment(Advanced system Care 8)
8. Double Check New Filles in the system(All new filles have been checked by executing them directly and observe the impact over my APM,curiously enoungh,one of the files caused my APM to go down to 16 APM(Nearly Freeze and slower than a human beeing)).Can't say if the filles were infected in the first place or if the virus just migrated onto other filles to keep its concealing.Several filles caused this problem so im not entirely sure
9. Observe the Results in Time(since Task manger dispays only the % of CPU used and that virus could have disabled 1 of CPU,I wouldn't have notice.Created a separate Batch(1 another program can't edit and if edited i'll notice immediately)) to track peformance.

I wish I can say more about this infection but I can hardly believe 2 TOP securitiy softwares had no detections on it and the virus was well programed.If you want I can open a session of TeamViewer and Inspect the system yourself,usually when i repair my system,everything is white-clean.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 12:50:02 am »
I've never used Teamviewer but because malware disinfection is such a specialized subject, the untrained may not even spot it even if they tripped over it - so to speak.

Tell me more about this APM.

Offline dondon

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 08:01:49 am »
In Games its often reffered as actions per minute.My program is a batch and its code is such.The fixed time one is to improve speed.Performance or APM starts at 0 and continuasly adds 1 for a minute  (when A (a static defined time)NEQ B(changing defined time)).That s varriable is a 1 time  switch to define the minimum value registered as the first value of the APM .At the end will store the value within a text file APM.txt.The graphs i posted contain data within them.At 5000 APM a computer should be crawling,in case of my dual core procesor.You can leave it running all day but due to the speed of calculation,this small batch will take up to 40%.I calculates pretty fast and with this method I also detect offline lags.Mainly the only repeated code in defining the APM is this:

:TimeB
title %Performance%
set /a performance=%performance%+1
set B=%time:~3,2%
if %A% EQU %B% goto TimeB

4 lines so almost nothing

the CODE

@echo off

mode con:cols=30 lines=10

:Variables
set Max=0
set s=0

:FixTime
cls
echo Waiting time 00 (%time:~6,2%)

if %time:~6,2% EQU 00 cls
if %time:~6,2% EQU 00 goto TimeA

set c=%time:~6,2%
:time
set d=%time:~6,2%

if %c% EQU %d% goto time

goto FixTime

:TimeA

set Performance=0

set A=%time:~3,2%

:TimeB

title %Performance%

set /a performance=%performance%+1

set B=%time:~3,2%

if %A% EQU %B% goto TimeB

set /a s=%s%+1

if %s% EQU 1 set Min=%Performance%
if %s% EQU 1 echo %date% %time% >> APM.txt

cls

if %Performance% GTR %Max% set Max=%Performance%
if %Performance% LSS %Min% set Min=%Performance%

echo %Performance% >> "APM.txt"

echo Performance
echo ----------------------------
echo Curent  Value : %Performance%
echo Minimum Value : %Min%
echo Maximum Value : %Max%
echo.
goto TimeA

End of CODE
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 08:14:32 am by dondon »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 08:28:31 am »
I won't try to pretend I understand that :) but in your last post you mentioned at 16 APM the machine started to freeze, yet at the other end (5000) you had a similar effect.

Don't get too technical if you want to explain that :D - I'm just a simple lad at heart :)

Offline dondon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2016, 11:09:03 am »
simple ,envision the speed of those

18000- Ferrari
5000 - Turtle
16-Little to None

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile