Author Topic: (SOLVED) My Laptop seems to be stuck repairing........  (Read 6196 times)

Offline Markajv

• View Profile
(SOLVED) My Laptop seems to be stuck repairing........
« on: April 03, 2016, 03:47:07 pm »
Hi,

(UPDATE) Back up and running. Just took a loooong time - I want to delete this post but do not know how)

I am running windows 10 on an ASUS touchscreen 11'5 inch laptop (My spare...) It has 1 drive that's partitioned (?) the main C: drive and the second D: drive. (Of which I do not think I had much on.) I ran Windows Repair 3.8.5 according to the instructions. When the pop-up said to reboot and I did I seem to be stuck on the "Scanning and Repairing drive "D" - It said 10% and the chasing circle is going and the light that shows the drive is doing something is lit(Constant- not flickering) I then saw it move to 25% but then it went back to 10% and it's been like that for over an hour and a half. I don't want to shut it down in case it screws something up? Am I stuck or is the program stuck? How long does it usually take to repair a 500GB drive (250gb is the D: drive)??

Any answers would be helpful. I am not touching t until I hear any replies.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 05:43:04 pm by Markajv, Reason: Solved »

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
Re: My Laptop seems to be stuck repairing........
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 05:23:19 pm »
It really depends on which action has been selected for the boot time scan: If it is to simply repair the drive (/f), then you may have an issue.  However, if the option to fix and attempt recovery of bad sectors is selected (/r), then that would explain the long wait time.  For that process to finish on my laptop, it takes well over 5 hours!  It also seems to hang indefinitely at 10% then jumps right to 100%.  My suggestion would be to wait, depending on, if you did choose, the option you chose for the boot time scan.

Offline Markajv

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 05:36:39 pm »
THANK YOU!,

It actually finished.....I appreciate your help. It did take a long time. I just wanted to check that I wasn't stuck in a loop. I can't figure out how to delete the question so I put an UPDATE at the top.

Thanks again! :artist:

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 05:38:31 pm »
I believe it says somewhere in the forum rules to put "(Solved)" without the quotes in front of your topic title when your issue is resolved.