Author Topic: LOCAL policy editor issues after most recent Windows 10 cumulative update  (Read 6604 times)

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
Ever since I installed the cumulative update that was released earlier in the week, I am getting the attached messages whenever I run "gpedit.msc".  The thing is, the snapin still loads and appears to be fine, but as those who work with policies know, policies are enforced in the background with no visual indicator that they are even there.  I also have windows 10 RSAT installed, and the error does not occur when I run GROUP policy editor.  I also have the windows 10 1511 adminsitrative templates installed as well (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48257), but I was under the impression that was for group policy not local.  Anybody else run into this?  I would rather not uninstall the update, as I really don't have the time to deal with this, but will if I have to.

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
wow no joke I have it as well huh interesting!
Julian

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
wow no joke I have it as well huh interesting!

You too huh?  Ok, so then it is a bug.  I wonder how one should go about reporting it to microsoft?

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
they have so many bugs anyways it's actually hard to report i'm not sure maybe on their support forums...  :sad:
Julian

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
I just ended up posting it to the Windows feedback app.   hopefully that gets through