Author Topic: [UNSOLVABLE] HARD DISK SENTINEL - User Interface, Menus, Language, ...  (Read 9868 times)

makinero

HARD DISK SENTINEL - User Interface, Menus, Language, ...

Does not display correctly for non-English/Polish (Strange Font/Invalid Charset etc.)
Customize User Interface, Menus, Language, ...
Chinese
Japanese
Russian
Belarus
German
Spanish
Italian

and many, many more language

« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:14:36 am by makinero »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HARD DISK SENTINEL - User Interface, Menus, Language, ...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 07:01:30 am »
I would suggest you use the Contact Us under the About tab as I doubt anyone on here can help with that.

http://www.hdsentinel.com/

makinero

Re: HARD DISK SENTINEL - User Interface, Menus, Language, ...
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 07:11:15 am »
I would suggest you use the Contact Us under the About tab as I doubt anyone on here can help with that.

http://www.hdsentinel.com/

If I understood well Support this application only supports the native language system.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Well it does say to use the contact form for suggestions, ideas etc. and if its usage is restricted because of a language problem, then they may add more languages - but you seem to have an excellent command of the English language, so is this this just a trivial gripe or on behalf of all of those others who are unable to understand its format ?

makinero

Hard Disk Sentinel - is not the biggest problem.
Yes, I always have a problem with Unicode in many different applications.
Example:
Mix Meister
www.mixmeister.com/ destroyed all tags my music (Unicode-TAG /TITLE etc.)  :shocked: (when change the BPM)

Other:
Mini-applications (eg. Created by programmers Russian, Chinese - do not have the English language) does not correctly display the language menu
Everywhere shows "?????" So I can not understand the function menu.

It's just a small examples, problems with Unicode is obviously more ..
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:35:44 am by makinero »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
If you are going to continue using programs that interact with your files then I suggest you get into the habit of creating an external system image first before running them.

This approach pulled me out of the mire in my naïve days when I tried Uniblue's Power Suite which screwed my system.

makinero

I remembered about the application (formerly I used System XP)
Today, as you know Windows 7

Tutorial:
http://users.wfu.edu/yipcw/atg/microsoft/applocale/
--------------------------

AppLocale is a tool for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 by Microsoft. It is a launcher application that makes it possible to run non-Unicode (code page-based) applications in a locale of the user's choice. Since changing the locale normally requires a restart of Windows, AppLocale is especially popular with western users of Asian applications. The program installs itself in a subfolder of the Windows directory called "AppPatch", and when launched prompts the user for an executable to run and the desired codepage. It can also create a shortcut in the start menu, located under Microsoft AppLocale, however you will be prompted by AppLocale before the program's launch.

AppLocale works with many, but not all non-Unicode applications, and as such is still inferior to really setting the particular locale systemwide. In particular, it requires fonts for the particular locale to be installed on the system it runs on, and Administrator privileges to be installed (though not to be used). It is not officially supported for use with Windows Vista or Windows 7; a person who is using Vista or 7 must either alter the system locale manually, or use an available unofficial workaround to install the AppLocale utility (see below).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 09:23:26 am by makinero »