Author Topic: (Solved) why win xp could not decode to actual pw, when win seven does show  (Read 37860 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Is there any manual way of intrepreting the hex decimal as Letters and Alpha numeric.
Boggin, i wanted those Bold lines to show in every post in this forum, would you say how?
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Is there any manual way of intrepreting the hex decimal as Letters and Alpha numeric.

Here you go J,

http://www.unit-conversion.info/texttools/hexadecimal/

Make sure to change to "Hex numbers to text" in the dropdown between the 2 boxes.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, samson, i have already tried this and this gives, machine language symbols without any text . I mean, the hex contains 64 characters, and is there a way of manually getting the letters out of this.
   Windows decryptor programs may be doing this, but i could not find anything and how to use.
any idea of how to have this Bold letters in each of my post
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:34:09 am by jraju »

Offline Samson

• View Profile
64 characters in total or 64 different characters? Hex uses 16 different characters ....are you sure it hex....assuming you now have the PW, try the site in reverse ie text > hex to see if it matches  :wink:

hex use these characters 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f

If your 64  characters are in hex, then split them in to pairs, eg enter this and see what you get 6a 72 61 6a 75 0d 0a                       
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:59:45 am by Samson »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
No, if i do the reverse, i get 28 digit hex. and it does not tally with the hex characters , supposed to be my pw. I want to learn, so continuing after the resolve. But samson, what is meant by 16 characters, do you mean to say that a alpha is represented in hex in 16 digits.  If the hex denotes, then my pw is only of 4 letters, which is incorrect
                       I had not taken the risk of disconnecting the wireless connection to input those 64 which the site says would connect in xp. For that reason, i bought a usb nano wireless adapter compatible with my router dlink
                           i was told that hex is user friendly. If i input xp hex in windows 7 or in windows xp , in the same site you mentioned , i get a kind of machine like few characters of rectangle boxes with black colours filld , some machine language letters, and square tilted with question marks inside etc..etc.
                            It was interesting to see one article on  this , that windows stores everything with time stamps including the pws. But one gets some idea on it, the paragraph that should be included is left out in the article, so that i could not find . He also explains some coded software,which would retrieve. But i have other idea of giving it to it. If it could be manually extracted then it is good. Otherwise, there is a risk of giving in your password. Please want to hear some new ideas .

By the by where is shane, the sharer
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:56:19 am by jraju »

Offline Samson

• View Profile
See my edit ^^^^^

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, I get my user name from those input. So , what is the trick pl
Moreover , idea on repeating the bold text

Offline Samson

• View Profile
 does the 64 character only include the 16 characters I listed? If yes then split into pairs and put into the converter "hex to text".

Bold, highlight text then hit "B"

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, see my post at 49 regarding BOLD
                 Please give me the idea on 6a etc etc. and also the manual way of converting it. How 6a represents j in the name. Interesting...For eg, your pair contains 18 to give 5 letters. how.Moreover, the star marks contain 8, whereas the pw contains 14 in my case in wifi.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 05:24:37 am by jraju »

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Here you go, set it as your forum signature, screens attached.

Hexadecimal https://is.gd/6KMXIF

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Shane is in the process of moving again which has coincided with an influx of work for his computer business, so he could be tied up for while.

I'm glad that you have gotten your wireless to work, although not sure what you have done from your description - but no matter, if it works then it works.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Samson, Thank you so much for your ideas. Still expecting how you get my name , using online portal. But i want in manual way. i will look in to link. i have made changes in profile as you suggested, but how to make it bold is the next question. As i copied the text from my 49 post, in this thread, it changes to ordinary letters when i post in my profile. how to make them bold ?

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Shane is again moving...
glad to hear that . I think he always likes moving , should be a virgo sign, fond of moving and changing often.
Regarding , how i resolved has been explained simply.
                   I could not get wifi access , in the first place in my win 7 as i could not give the correct pasword.
I tried pasword crackers but they all give nothing. Then i went to Dlink site for any possible solution. There i come across a hardware switch on the back of router WPS. I think , you normally need not use , it if you configure the wifi with pw on router page. But if you could not, you could get access by using this switch, which is giving direct connections .  I was in the password alert page getting failure connection.Here comes the first try, i just power on WPS for seeing any change. I noticed that a extra light glowing and when i poweron the wps, the password alert vanished , and i got the wireless working.
Then when i go and select connect to a network, the tray icon shows the wifi ssid, which i clicked and got wireless properties. Just check show characters and i coudl retrieve the password i have for the wifi.
                             When i connect thro WPS, the lan icon changed to wireless and i raised the question to you.
                               I just went to wireless settings and uncheck the auto connect to get it manual to show in manage wireless settings.
                               Once i did this the wireless connections gone away. but the wireles icon stayed in the tray. Just went to Homegroup icon and changed the ssidname to network , which it accepted. Now the wireless icon changed to normal squared icon in the system tray. I think i have explained clearly , what i did to retrive the wireless pw.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Okay.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, samson, i looked deep in to it.
                  my hex characters does not  have a split on two digits. it was a continuous one as captured by the software.
                        should it be in twos with a blank. May it be the reason for machine language characters? is there any useful link which simply explains this concept neatly and in easy way to understand. I asked you how 6a....etc gives my name

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Just did a text to hex conversion  :wink:

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Samson, i alredy knew this that you have done the reverse to get the result. But what i want is how , 6a..etc etc becomes jraju.
                 In your example, there are 10 pairs to give 5. If suppose, one has 32 pairs, then the length of the pw is 16. But the pw actual comes to 14. I want to know that difference and manual way of analysing
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 05:26:07 am by jraju »

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Are you sure your result is Hex?

If I remeber that nirsoft program requires a backup config file of your router settings to work....is your router in their supported list? Also IIRC the output can be selected in text format.

Hex and other code tables here...http://www.ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Thanks samson,
                                  If the router is not supported, it could not give any thing in return box. In windows 7, it gives nothing. But in Xp, it gave me those hex digits. Ok . i will test by pairing those numbers and could see what i get by copying to word and give required spaces in between.
Ok, what is IIRc . is it row and column

Offline Samson

• View Profile
If I Remember Correctly  :wink: as in, IIRC that nirsoft program can give the output result in text format if selected.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:15:08 am by Samson »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
what is IIRc

Offline Samson

• View Profile
what is IIRc

It is an acronym for....
If I Remember Correctly

Offline jraju

• View Profile
;�D���_
�uY�-�C�%�r^��KlI� This is the output I am getting for sample pw i used previously
3B B1 44 80 F4 E3 5F 0D A2 75 59 F1 2D 18 06 CC 43 F4 25 8E 18 72 5E BC 05 12 C4 4B 6C 49 A5 1C. So does that means the software did not work for my router.

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Does n't look like it  :sad:

Is it listed in the routers that are supported?

Try opening your router config file (assuming that you made a backup of your router settings  :wink:), then try opening it in notepad..search around and you may find your admin password, it works with some, but not all Netgears. YMMV, before you ask, Your Mileage May Vary  :wink:

Failing that a router reset is your only way out, and when you change the Admin  password write it on a label and stick it to the router, or write it on with a Sharpie.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Samson, I made it clear that nirsoft does not show the active password hex.It only collects information from the used passwords for SSIDs i used before.
I  used some other programs which got me the passwords including the present SSID. That is which i try to decode.
                          Nirsoft, if executes previous pws, then it seems that my router is also supported. I forgot the name of the software.But when i split, i do find it is with in the range of hex admissable limit digits. I got the name of the softwa
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:38:35 pm by jraju »