Author Topic: (Solved)sudden display incorrect desktop  (Read 22549 times)

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Re: sudden display incorrect desktop
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2016, 04:45:12 am »
This may offer some help J, have you installed the driver? Under "Device (Install)" at the top on the right hand side.

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/model/LS22F380HY/XL

If it is anything like my DELL and COMPAQ monitors it will include an inf. file, driver and colour profile, so that the monitor is recognised and installed specifically, rather than just a a generic "Plug n' Play".

CCC is the Catalyst Control Centre, it only works for ATI/ AMD cards.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 05:45:01 am by Samson, Reason: Additional info »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2016, 05:45:50 am »
Hi, I have downloaded the driver. But when installing , it is asking, whether i have to install the driver for analog or hdmi. Here the confusion.
                  The port i connected with my old cpu, is the one having pins about 15 and having blue screw to tighten.
But, when the windows is shutting, it closes and show a black screen, with analog in the top, before switching off itself.
In my package, there was a mention of hdmi.
                   which driver i have to download. the download file is exe. But when you are installing , it is prompting you to select.

The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2016, 05:50:00 am »
It will be analogue.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2016, 06:21:40 am »
Hi, thanks samson. I have installed the analog driver .
Hi, boggin, this is for your information.
                   Hi, samson, what is the diff between these two analog and hdmi
Hi, Boggin,
                  Hi, i have installed , then how to improve upon the query. I mean,, how to set the resolution to 1920x1080p.

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2016, 09:18:04 am »
J, Go back and reset the resolution http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/255-screen-resolution-display-settings.html

You will not be able to go higher than the max that your GPU, in your case onboard Intel integrated graphics card will support, I suspect that you are already set at max resolution for your onboard Intel GPU. Check that you are set on the highest resolution for 16:9 aspect ratio that your Intel integrated graphics card will go to. Maybe 1600x900 or 1280x720.

HDMI is for digital video and sound, you would need to upgrade to a supporting card to utililize that, if your monitor has an HDMI port.

There is an element of irony in your signature  :wink:

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:03:50 am by Samson, Reason: Spelling aaargh! »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2016, 01:22:32 am »
Hi, samson, when i first connected, there was an alert that this computer supports 1920x1080, and i had tried that. It was not equal to that , but i could select from advance menu settings in adapter settings to 1920x1440. But it was too difficult to view.
                    I do not know whether my gpu supports this resolution. So, as per your instruction i had downloaded the samsung drive for monitor. Ok.
                      Now i tried the resolution of 1600x1200 in the adapter settings, but that was also not proved to be good view.
                      Now i changed that to the 1024x786, which was my previous settings. It does look to be good view. If i reduce to further, some of the items went out of the screen. So, i take that my gpu supports 1024x768.
                             If suppose, my gpu supports 1920x1080, then would it be a nice view?
                              Can i have a new card supporting with the old card , or could i use the new card , disabling the old video card, which came with my system , when i bought it in 2004.?
                              Or is it enough that i set resolution to the present size and continue without any viewing problem?
                               I do not know what you mean by the last word , irony.......You mean my BOLD letters downunder each post.

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2016, 04:11:41 am »
J, If you are happy with the resolution now, then stick with it. But that is a pretty low resolution, things must appear "big"on screen, Also that is not a 16:9 aspect, which is what your monitor is (see my previous post for 16:9 aspect resolution).

You could upgrade the video card to one that supports a higher resolution, but it may require a higher spec PSU....Is it worth spending out on a 2004 machine? I can't judge that for you. My oldest machine is 2001  :shy:, it still runs great, but any upgrades I have were free or next to nothing.

What I meant by irony was that you did n't follow your own advice on this..."Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 04:20:15 am by Samson »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2016, 06:58:02 pm »
Hi,
             I have tried those high resolutions. But , the display is too small, so being a 22 inch monitor , from the normal distance it look too small.
                  How to upgrade the video card for integrated type, my video card is integrated with mother board. Can i have a external card like external ups ports.
                   Will it support the old model.?
                    Shall i say, new wine in old bottle with new monitor with old cpu.
                     the best suitable resolution is 1600x1200 as per your link,as mine is 22inch
But there is no customized resolution other than given in drop down menu.
                         Why there was no refresh rate of 60,70 and 75 , which were present a few days ago, vanished with use default hardware settings.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2016, 12:44:43 am »
Hi, Samson, Please see the dxdiag details
                                       I went to the intel.com , and downloaded the graphics controller for my motherboard , which i got the link from dxdiag overview page. I was lucky to get the latest available drivers for my system. I downloaded and ran, and compatibility issue was alerted. I just made it compatible to vista, and installed the same.
                     Now, please see the capability of my video card.
                   I do not know what direct x enabled.
                         i could get the video resolution to 1920x1080 now, and there was also the missing hertz tab.
                          There was no update for this driver in intel com. If i update, it becomes gva and the directx is said to be unavilable.
But intel old driver shows, it is available if i use the intel graphics controller .
                           What is the capability of my display by intrepreting the dxdiag details

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2016, 03:48:56 am »
So your card will support the max resolution of your monitor, but you do not like 1920x1080?

You prefer 1600x1200, which is fine, but it is 4:3 aspect ratio not 16:9 which your monitor is. I did not suggest 1600x1200, I suggested a compatible 16:9 aspect ratio maybe 1600x900 or 1280x720, but it is what you are happy with that counts.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2016, 03:59:34 am »
Hi, Samson, Now i understand what you mean by 16:9 . But when i select those thing, i could see the centre monitor picture , is howing one at centre, two small rectangles to the left and right of it. whenever i change the resolution, this is also changing. But  in some resolutions sizes, the right overlaps the centre 1 in the picture and the left is algined at the botton left of the monitor picture shown in the centre in display settings.
                           i had already switched to 1600x900 before your reply, after analysing your previous reply post no 31.
                                        Do you mean the 16:9 ratio,  video would occupy the maximum screen, unlike other resolutions?
                            What about direct x enabled in dxdiag mean? in the previous driver , i downloaded via window updates , there was no mention of any version of the driver mentioned and direct x were not available. But the same card with this older driver, says direct x enabled. What does that mean? what is the additional capability of direct x in video
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 04:07:47 am by jraju »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2016, 04:13:50 am »
Hi, samson, please see the enclosure

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2016, 04:35:31 am »
"DirectX provides a key set of tools and commands to enhance games and other multimedia applications allowing the hardware and the software to "talk" to each other with much greater ease."

So does 1600 x 900 work better for you than 1920x1080? If so stick with that.

In response to your earlier question you could upgrade your graphics card. You will either have a PCIe slot or if a very old motherboard you may only have AGP....But is it worth spending out on a 2004 machine? You may also need to upgrade your PSU depending on what card you add.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2016, 07:39:11 pm »
Hi, Thanks for the reply. I will stick to this resolution, moreover, i could adjust the brightness and all with the new intel driver. I will add solved to the query .What those adjustment means, gamma, in monitor.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: (Solved)sudden display incorrect desktop
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2016, 03:27:59 am »
Glad to see that between you, you have got this sorted to your satisfaction :)

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Re: (Solved)sudden display incorrect desktop
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2016, 01:14:20 pm »
Sorry J, been away for a while. Good to hear that you are happy and sorted  :smiley: