Author Topic: How Do I Handle These Reparse Points?  (Read 5580 times)

Offline tweak_twerk

• View Profile
How Do I Handle These Reparse Points?
« on: August 22, 2016, 01:20:44 pm »
Hello all! When doing my regular maintenance on my system to keep things running smooth, I usual will end things with a scan using Windows Repair (All in One). Several months back, I ran a little more thoroughly scan than I normally would and it came back with some results I was unfamiliar with.

I've attached the scan log bellow, but essentially the "Reparse Points Found: 64...Scan Complete - Problems Found!" is what caught my eye. Now I would normally just allow the program to correct any errors it found, but I have absolutely no idea what the effect on my OS will be if I do this. I'm very particular on how I have things set up and don't want any of my system configuration being altered or reset in anyway (as I don't want to have to start finding out what things were possibly undone in Windows somewhere from the way I have it currently).

Can someone give me a bit more guidance on what the outcome of fixing these Reparse Points would be, positive or negative? It would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How Do I Handle These Reparse Points?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 01:38:32 pm »
Just run the Reparse Points repair, but if you are concerned then use Option 5 to back up the registry before hitting the button.