Author Topic: ATI reoccuring problem.  (Read 4890 times)

Offline minun

• View Profile
ATI reoccuring problem.
« on: October 31, 2016, 02:24:03 pm »
http://imgur.com/a/1H24h

This has happened twice, it appears after I shut down my computer and turn it on, the first time it happened, I uninstalled drivers and reinstalled and it worked, randomly one of the shut down and turn on it happened again and it took about 2-3 turn ons to be normal again.

Anyone know what is going on?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ATI reoccuring problem.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 04:11:28 pm »
What does Event Viewer have recorded for those instances as an uninstall/reinstall should have resolved, so something must be causing it to fail.

Offline minun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 05:31:46 pm »
What does Event Viewer have recorded for those instances as an uninstall/reinstall should have resolved, so something must be causing it to fail.

I can check, but can you specially guide me how to narrow it down to see what I should look for.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 01:43:04 am »
What I do is to look for date & time stamped errors for the time the error occurred.

Can you also look in reliability history - you can do that by going Start - start to type reliability until View reliability history comes up and then press enter.

That will list most of what occurred on that day either by clicking on a red cross or info.

I'm not sure if will also have created a memory dump file.

The free BlueScreenView will list any that have been created. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html