Author Topic: Stuck on Task 2 in repair on Windows 10 (Anniversary Edition)  (Read 4880 times)

Offline caduceus26

• View Profile
Stuck on Task 2 in repair on Windows 10 (Anniversary Edition)
« on: November 13, 2016, 07:39:13 am »
First, I want to say "Thanks" for an excellent product. It was a great help in getting my systems over from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I have been using Tweaking.com Repair and the Toolbox for awhile now and been very pleased with it.

I am running v3.9.16 Pro on Windows 10 v.1607 Bld 14393.351 with all updates applied. Recently I began to experience some quirky behaviors in Windows with my main system and decided to run Tweaking.com to see if it would improve the situation.  First thing I noticed was a significant slowing of  the file checking at startup.  Where it used to zip right through it now takes forever (more and 10-15 mins)  to check 467 files. It is faster in Safe mode but in the past I have been able to start up the program then reboot to Safe Mode using the Safe Mode option and never experienced that kind of slow performance before.

Once in Safe Mode I get through the first task (55 selected by the program)  of 100+ files then sit there in task 2 after completing the 1 of 3147 files.  The program is running (CPU and task Mgr confirm) but it has run this last time for over 14 1/2 hours stuck in the same place. Just wondering if there are incompatibility issues with Tweaking.com and this version of Windows.

Thanks

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck on Task 2 in repair on Windows 10 (Anniversary Edition)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 08:18:12 am »
Passed onto Shane.