Author Topic: Advice on using thunderbird mail client  (Read 4676 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Advice on using thunderbird mail client
« on: December 02, 2016, 08:09:04 pm »
Hi, I am having avast free, which is having quite no of checks including av, mail etc. I enabled all the settings in my avast settings to scan and certify the emails  as containing no virus with their symbol. Even after enabling those, i could not see anything in the messages i sent or received.
                     On contacting them, they say it would work only on mail client and not on webmail such as yahoo or gmail.Then i knew the difference and i do not want to use outlook as it swallows all the mails stored in mail.
                       I would ask whether thunderbird is an alternative client, which i can use to send and receive the gmail. I had not tried it so far, as i thought that it is also  like gmail.
                       I also heard that you could view the contents of email offline in thunderbird.
                       Would you please advise me, whether i could download thunderbird and how to have the gmails not swallowed, but could be managed with thunderbird, so that i could eable avast email scan settings to enable to scan for virus and certify.
                        I used outlook and now i never use it . Please say about thunderbird and mail storage without loosing my mails in webmail gmail or yahoo.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".