Author Topic: MSDTC.LOG - sfc found it corrupt & cannot repair [SOLVED]  (Read 21958 times)

Offline Bindesh

• View Profile
Re: MSDTC.LOG - sfc found it corrupt & cannot repair [SOLVED]
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 06:01:02 am »
Yes .... Copy - Paste SFCFIX worked but if I run sfc /scannow again then the error used to recurr. Again I have to run the Copy - Paste SFC FIX . Then corrupt files / errors.....till I re - run sfc /scannow.... BrianDrab of Sysnative Forum had to send me 2 fixes to get out of the situation. Thanks to BrianDrab for his patience with me that inspite of clear warning not to use Copy-Paste fixes I used it -- my misadventure.

There is something more that I did not mention because I had fumbled badly. I followed the steps mentioned in the article attached -- No System restore Points. I fumbled at the step --CMD prompt - defrag /h c: - This command did not run anything. So I tried - defrag c: - This did not completely defrag C drive.

Now at the step, Reboot ... came the problem -- many of my applications upon Startup came up with error - No Memory.
I kept rebooting till all these no memory - errors vanished. I should have tried this in Safe Mode but I did it in Normal Mode and making sure that in Virtual Memory Setting - No Paging File - is deselected.

Then I skipped all that had to do with Paid software - Easy Recovery Essentials -- I went to follow the steps of other article as attached - How to trouble shoot MSS VSS - and run VSS FIX. Then run System restore -- And SUCCESS!

This CATASTROPHIC ERROR - 8000FFFF - is all about LOW MEMORY - I had read it somewhere on the net.

This is how by trial and error - I made it. Behind my success there is nothing but my failures.
And now, its time to show the snap -shots of success  ---  ( 2 pictures) as attached.

We close the thread....SOLVED SUCCESSFULLY. ( If anything ....contact me on my email).

Thanks.
Bindesh

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 08:19:07 am »
It looks like you have had a busy time, but from the "fumbles" you will have learned something :)

Offline Bindesh

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2016, 04:20:57 am »
Yes....Yes.. Learned a lot and .....the best part ...... found some good support from forums .... tweaking.com and sysnative. Thanks to all. I close this thread. Till we meet again......

Bindesh.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2016, 05:52:40 am »
Bye for now :)