Author Topic: Windows 10/64Bit Prof. Freezes at idle at random times forcing a Hard reboot  (Read 6198 times)

Offline Racco

• View Profile
I have exhausted help at several Forums trying to solve this Windows ten issue, the layest at Ten Forums (https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/75311-random-bsod-particularly-when-idling-kernel-power-event-41-a-2.html#post924722). I copied the site here because there is historical files attached there.
I Have replaced Memory, downloaded W10 twice two different ways, have ran the Tweaking Windows Repair Toolbox, and updated all the drivers possible.  I found out that Windows for some reason (unexplained) does not work well with 2 GTX630 cards side by side (I am now operating with one card with no issues),  I ran a test in both slots with each card individually; as long as they were there in a single slot, they worked fine.  When I put in either card, with the second NOT connected to monitors, the Desktop froze.  I have attached some relevant files of the Desktop as is today here, for those who can read Windows native logs.
Any ideas or help from people that know more than me will be welcome.
Thanks
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 03:18:01 pm by Racco »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It's probably a Win 10 thing.

I've seen on another forum where a particular Insider build will not recognize a built in DVD drive and the OP had to change SATA ports.

Things may improve if and when the "April" update is finally released because the latest Insider build which is reckoned to be the forerunner of that release, is full of bugs.

Offline Racco

• View Profile
Thanks.  I wrote to ASUS (not that they will respond) and asked them if their drivers were good for W10, they don't say that and I am thinking that also could be the problem.

I will see if they respond

Offline satrow

• View Profile
I suggest you continue that tenforums topic with axe0, he's very good with crashes and hangs.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thread unlocked.

Offline Racco

• View Profile
This is my last post on this thread because I solved my problem.
Through 3 months of working the problem doing troubleshooting and OS installs, including a "Clean Install" which did not help.  I narrowed the problem down to Windows 10 having a random bug when using 2 Graphic Cards and a specific Motherboard.  I say random because it affects different machines differently, depending on the Motherboard.  On my particular MOBO (ASUS Z87 Deluxe/Quad) W10 could not handle 2 graphic cards and 4 Monitors.  I had Microcenter run a verification check on this.  I said depending on the MOBO because I have an older machine with an ASUS (P5N32-E SLI), also with 2 graphic cards and it runs the exact same OS with no problems.
Once it was verified, the only solution left, albeit an expensive one, was to go to a single graphic card that could handle 4 monitors (ZOTAC GTX 1060).
The machine has been running day and night, stable since.
This speaks loudly about the quality of the microsoft releases.  The company has not changed.  They just changed tactics when they  decided to copy all the capabilities of Apple OS; but kept their Strategy, of using their user base as Ginny pigs for "improvements." Why should they pay their programmers for extensive testing if they can have us do it?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You can mark the thread as solved by going to your first post, click on Modify and add [SOLVED] to the thread title - but glad to see you were able to eventually resolve - albeit expensive.