Author Topic: Advanced System Tweaker 2.0 Suggestions  (Read 5904 times)

Offline John Terdik

• View Profile
Advanced System Tweaker 2.0 Suggestions
« on: April 24, 2017, 11:55:12 pm »
Suggestion for the Advanced System Tweaker 2.0
  • Remember the position & size of the window. This could be applied to all of the apps. Personally I dislike it when an app opens in the middle of the main screen. With multiple monitors I prefer the app to open on my desired monitor and in the position I placed it.
  • Allow me to resize the window to the size of my desire and remember the size the next time I use it.
  • I see that there is a tweak to "All Items Have an Edit With Notepad on Right-Click Menu". How about using the text editor of my choice? There are numerous text editors that are much better than Notepad.
  • Tweak - remove temp files - I'm not sure but it looked like this only cleaned the C drive, the window closed too fast for me to really determine. However I'd like to see this enhanced to check all of my drives for TEMP folders and other temp files such as those left behind by MS Office.
jgt1942

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced System Tweaker 2.0 Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 12:40:10 am »
I'll pass this on but not sure if and when I'll get a response, but Notepad is the standard text editor.

The free version of CCleaner will remove all temp files. - https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Go to its Settings/Advanced and uncheck the box to only delete files older than 24hrs and that will clean out the %temp% folder.

Also, under Cleaner and the Windows tab, uncheck the box for Memory Dumps and under Applications uncheck the box for MS Search.

You can look through the rest to see what you want to include/exclude but in Options/Monitoring, uncheck those boxes as there's no need to have it running in the background.

Offline John Terdik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 12:08:10 pm »
I agree that Notepad is the standard text editor but there are MUCH better text editors. It would be super nice if a user is using something else then that would be used.    :thinking:

I actually use several of the Piriform applications of which CCleaner is one. Several years ago when I used CCleaner it seemed to have a negative impact on my system in that several thing were broken. Because CCleaner was the last thing I was aware of I blamed it for creating the issue for me. Since then I've been very leary about using it. I currently have the Pro version installed and just ran the "Analyze" function and need to research the results before pulling the trigger. BTW it only identified 72.9 MB of stuff to be removed which of course does not seem worth the effort.

I'm running CCleaner v 5.29.6033 and started to implement your suggestions but " under Applications uncheck the box for MS Search" is no longer listed. Thanks for your suggestions, I need to research it more but I fear it will take me down a lot of rabbit holes.  :omg:
jgt1942

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 01:57:46 pm »
I just run the free version of CCleaner but it is the latest version as you have and under Applications/Windows the MS Search box is still there and which I can still activate.

I'm not sure how Shane could modify the program to accommodate other text editors and it may be that the majority don't use 3rd party ones.