Author Topic: Automated fix for common error in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, version 1607  (Read 4778 times)

Offline best1syn2oil

• View Profile
I have found this referenced on the web, but the fix is a bit too much for me to manage.  I wondered if anyone had put together a script to sort this one out:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919}
 and APPID
{F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
There's no easy fix for this.

These are the steps I used to fix that particular DCOM 10016 but you can get others and I assume the steps are the same for the other registry keys.

https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/event-id-10016-distributedcom.47/

However, having done a number of repair installs on my 1607, they just come back, so now I just ignore them as they don't seem to be causing any problems and they only appear in Event Viewer now and again for me.

Look at it this way - if you just got on with using your computer and it was working fine and you weren't aware of Event Viewer - then you wouldn't know about any of the errors that pop up in there.

My advice is to just ignore them as I do.