Author Topic: Windows 10 Creators update issues that I need help with  (Read 4686 times)

Offline LCPGus

• View Profile
Windows 10 Creators update issues that I need help with
« on: May 25, 2017, 10:56:01 pm »
Right now, the Creators Update has borked Windows from actually running Windows Updates and downloading anything from the App Store.  :teeth:

If anyone has a way to actually resolve this then that would be great. The MS troubleshooting tool says it fixed it but it hasn't. So no windows updates and no software can be downloaded from app store.

The actual error message is:

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070057)

This is of course a useless error and the logs don't contain much info either to pinpoint the problem. A full repair using my Pro version of Windows Repair doesn't help resolve the issue, so it must be something that isn't covered. I'm trying to figure this out coz I'll have clients that'll need support for the very buggy Creators Update. I've already had one where it doesn't play nice with the iCloud software and screws up the calendars so much so that you have to sign out of iCloud, sign back in but you now have no choice but to load the iCloud for Outlook plugin manually each time. Can't get around that problem.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 Creators update issues that I need help with
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 02:10:16 am »
I have two laptops with 1703 and on one of them only once had updates initially fail, but they succeeded second time around, although I don't bother with the apps store and don't have a MS account.

Quite often it can be down to MS servers.

However, as a repair install didn't fix the problem then perhaps it's something specific to your machine.

3rd party antivirus programs are a good place to start as they have been known to block updates.

Also, have you tried the updates in a clean boot should it be something else that is installed on your computer ?

Do you have any non-essential peripherals attached to you computer ?

I don't use Powershell and have restored the Command Prompt to the Start menu that the CU changes.

You can do that by going Start - Settings - Personalization - Taskbar and toggle it off.

It's unlikely that these cmds will work if a repair install didn't, but you can give them a try if none of the above apply.

dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

You could create a system image onto external media and download the Windows Repair program at www.tweaking.com and see if the app/store repairs resolve.

If you normally use Windows own system image, you'll find that the CU has removed the Control Panel from the Start Menu.

To have easy access to it, go Start - type control panel - right click on it and select Pin to Taskbar.

You may also want to check if System Protection has been turned off after updating to the CU.

EDIT - I've just learned that MS have released another update which takes the version from 15063.296 to .332 and while the fixes don't mention anything about updates, the MCT may have been updated to include this new release which may resolve your problems.

Hit the Update now button to see if yours gets updated - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 02:18:36 am by Boggin »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 Creators update issues that I need help with
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 02:33:48 am »
I've just run a manual check for updates and got the same error message as you but with the error code 0x80248007 with a Retry button.

It is now downloading after hitting Retry.