Author Topic: Windows 10 keeps crashing and lots of BSOD... possibly faulty hardware??!?  (Read 30633 times)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Did your msinfo32 list anything in Components/Problem Devices ?

Did you leave just the button checked so that it listed only problem devices in MTB ?

Satrow may be able to make more sense out of those Event Errors but you can resolve the CldFlt one by going Start - type regedit - press enter and accept the UAC.

Then navigate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001\Services\CldFlt

When you click on CldFlt look in the right pane and right click on Start and select Modify then change the value from 2 to 4 - OK

Close up the sections then click on File/Exit and the next reboot will not have that error listed in Event Viewer.

Offline djactivator

• View Profile
Ok, so I have 3 drives in this system.. 2x4 terrrabytes for data/games etc... and 1x250 SSD installed for OS / Apps .. i noticed that when it ry to copy files between the 2 brand new 4 TB drives my system crashes... any ideas????
last BSOD I got was trying to install a game onto the drives gave me a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD.. its not the drives, i was h aving the same issue with my older drives as well that are not longer in the system, is this a memory issue? Motherboard busted??

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
If you are still running Driver Verifier, open a Command Prompt (Admin) and enter verifier /reset followed by shutdown /r /t 00 to effect an immediate reboot.

Satrow isn't too well at the moment but I've been in contact with him and he agrees now that you should disconnect the two 4TB Seagate drives so as to concentrate on just the OS.

You have said that you were getting the same problem with the older drives as well, so they could be the common denominator.

You can test the memory by using a bootable disk or USB of Memtest86+

Here are a couple of tutorials but run the test on just one RAM stick at a time for at least 8 passes.

http://www.techfleece.com/2013/07/01/how-to-test-your-ram-sticks-using-memtest86/

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/14201-memtest86-test-ram.html

Did you get the right memory for the motherboard ?

As for MiniToolBox can you run it again but with just the box for List Devices checked and only the default button for Only Problems checked.

Leave those two Seagate drives connected when you run MTB so that it can check all devices.

In Device Manager/View/Show hidden devices expand System Devices and check for any yellow alerts, but you can check to see if there are any updated drivers for the Chipset ones and any other by right clicking on them and selecting Update Driver.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 02:51:12 pm by Boggin »

Offline djactivator

• View Profile
 i swapped out the memory, still having issues, BSOD/Freeze when moving larger files from one drive to another

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Can you run MiniToolBox as I've asked with just List devices and only the Problem devices button default checked.

Offline djactivator

• View Profile
just did that and here is what I got:

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 17-06-2016
Ran by djste (administrator) on 11-06-2017 at 07:05:04
Running from "G:\Downloads"
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro  (X64)
Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M. Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Devices: ================================

**** End of log ****

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks - that tells us a lot  :thinking:

While you say you are getting the BSODs/freezes when trying to transfer data, can you check to see if you get BSOds etc. with those two HDDs disconnected.

Normally when you get problems with a new build you would strip down to just the basics for the computer to run and then add one bit back at a time.

Has Event Viewer anything recorded for the freezes ?

I can't read the memory dump files when you use .rar to zip them up.

Offline djactivator

• View Profile
How do I check event viewer?? Does it generate a log too that would help us narrow this down?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It's possible.

Right click on the Start button and select Event Viewer and when it opens, ensure Event Viewer (Local) is highlighted.

When it has read the data, click on Errors and then on View All Instances of This Event in the lower right pane and then look for events with a time stamp for when the BSODs or freezes occurred.

Clicking on each will display more info in the scrollable window below.

You can copy & paste any by then clicking on Copy/Copy details as text in the lower right pane then right click in the reply box and select Paste.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I think the BSODs could be listed under Critical.