Author Topic: Your product vs Reimage product being advertised in the banner on your page  (Read 5333 times)

Offline tavernkeeper

• View Profile
I really need to do some digging through the logs and take a look at the errors but my initial impression is that you will save other thousands of dollars and help countless non-techies that are smart enough to know they screwed themselves but don't know how to fix it.  Kudos to you for doing so much to restore peoples systems and their sanity.

I have been in IT for 25 years and most of that has been in SQA.  Over a year ago I was picked up as a consultant running SQA on Reimage modules.  To be fair it has been 16 months and Reimage may have changed significantly but as I see it right now, you offer more and a better product for free than Reimage offered for $99.  I know you need the advertising $ but I hope no one pays to use their product and tries your program first.

My situation, kids come home from college and as a gift they bring me an autorun virus which opens the door for a few days for the world to have at it with my business computer.  JS iframe, keylogger, google redirects, firewall settings opened up, services stopped, Avast backdoored, event viewer and other 'access denied' issues.  It has been a long road but finaly Rkill took the last of my old pains away.  But I knew with so many things hijacked and having to take ownership to change permissions and my head spun with all of the registry back ups and log files, that even though every thing works and I have a check mark on all 327 lines of changing things back where I should have deleted/cleaned up or removed entries, I KNEW I made mistakes.

The first 6 things I know I missed, all with permissions just passed the test, and you have 'tweaked' them back into their proper place.  So the old timer QA manager gives you an initial thumbs up!  I will let you know what I see as I continue validation and I hope to be able to assist you with QA on upcoming releases and other products here.  But for right now I am pretty busy.  There is going to be a big need for this product sooner than you think.  I am now working with the military to try to risk assess/manage the upcoming tech Armaggedon as the Chinese hack away at our systems opening doors for the Russians and others to cross the border electronically to steal from us or worse.

August 28 was the day we will look back at and realize that it all began to hit the fan.  But I promise to be here as much as I can.  I love learning everything I can from teachers who 'got it right ' hands on rather than the thinkers, that never do.

Time to get my glasses I see more tiny unreadable verification characters in my near future and I have to go hunt for the log file so i can get in my evening journal reading.

TK