Author Topic: Please wait forthe System Event Notification Sevice  (Read 4681 times)

Offline westkane

• View Profile
Please wait forthe System Event Notification Sevice
« on: June 29, 2017, 06:25:49 pm »
Hello from Kane, PA:

I recently ran Windows Repair tool and it appears to have solved some of my issues.  I have to run Bitdefender without the SSL scan on in order to use Firefox Browser or I'll get certificate/signature errors out the wazoo, even on https sites.  Firefox becomes unusuable (this is a new error on Firefox ver 54, maybe two weeks), but disabling SSL scan at Bitdefenders suggestion all seems back to normal.  As I said I ran the repair tool and it helped with other items but the past couple of times I shut the laptop down, I get a screen that says "Please wait for System Event Notification Service.  The Acer  Laptop does not shut down, it freezes up and stays that way until manually turned off.  I run Windows 10 Home  1703.  So if you have any thoughts or ideas, I would appreciate it.  i7-6500U, 8 GB RAM DDR3 L
Thank you very much!!  (FYI I purchased and ran the latest Window Repair version)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Please wait forthe System Event Notification Sevice
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 01:26:30 am »
I've asked for advice on this but have seen where disabling the Windows Search service stopped the error message - but that is just a possible workaround and not a fix.

From what else I've found for this error, is that it has only been reported by those using Servers, but I assume you are just a home user ?

Offline westkane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 12:01:53 pm »
I used Cortana to do a search for System Event Notification Service, it searched using Bing, and there were more relevant results. I used a link in a site  download  a Batch file RestoreSystemEventNotificationServiceWindows10.bat at http://batcmd.com/windows/10/services/sens/. I checked Whois.com, and others to be fairly sure about its reliability, and did not see any flags.  So far, it seems to be working.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 01:49:36 pm »
Nice one - so Cortana is good for more than just finding the nearest pizza shop :)

I have it turned off on both my upgraded Win 10 laptops - got sick of it butting in when I was typing in Windows Search for various things I wanted to run.