Author Topic: Print Spooler Error  (Read 9952 times)

Offline KR

• View Profile
Print Spooler Error
« on: July 14, 2017, 06:29:04 am »
Hi Guys,
I hope you can help me out as in the past - nobody else could.
All of a sudden I'm getting in event viewer:
Event ID 808 - The print spooler failed to load a plug-in module C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\UNIDRVUI.DLL, error code 0xc1. See the event user data for context information.
For your information: I un-installed and re-installed the printer, used HP Doctor and trouble shooter, which updated everything, followed various "solved" tips online ... nothing helps.

The printer works fine - just get these anoying Error events everytime I print something.

The printer is a cheap HP deskjet 1010, which runs on a 990c driver, since the original 1010 driver does not work in 64 bit (suggested as alternative by HP support at the time-now I'm out of free support)
All this worked fine without error events until now.
Machine is in top condition and everything uptodate, incl. tweaking.com treated.
Win7 - 64bit -16GB Ram - OCZ SSD for system - performance index: 7.7

Thanks in advance

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: Print Spooler Error
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 06:40:05 am »
Hi, try this link, in resolution part. Just disable the policies as suggested and check whether the error is repeated.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2618460/event-id-s-commonly-associated-with-point-and-print-restrictions
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 08:54:57 am »
If everything is working okay, I don't even bother checking Event Viewer and unless something is wrong, you can ignore any errors you find in there and just get on with life.

Offline KR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 12:26:04 pm »
Thanks for the reply.
jraju:
I did what you suggested - changed both to disabled - reboot - no change .. changed both back to "not configured"
..as all entries are "not configured" there

Boggin:
yes - I know you are right and I will ignore this ... as a last resort, but I'm curious and want to get to the bottom of it
        (yes - I'm a bit of a clean freak:-))

any other suggestions? is it the alternative/incorrect ...  or/and outdated driver?

Thanks

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 01:37:52 pm »
I'm not sure.

When did you first notice this error and what had changed on your system - had you downloaded anything ?

See if you still get the error when you perform a clean boot.

Offline KR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 05:13:38 am »
Boggin,
when starting in a clean boot ... can I still use the printer? Only when using the printer the error event appears.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 05:52:06 am »
I must admit that is something I've never done, but give it a try.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 06:03:37 am »
Hi, The solution, i gave to you was from microsoft error data base, which you could have tried. But since the printer is working, i do not think , that you are facing any problem. I went to eventid.net, which gives you ideas about the error. I think it is to be subscribed to see so much solutions for the error event. I did not subscribe , but anyhow, went to the microsoft site, to give a resolution. If it is not working, did you check the spooler folder to find something old files that are not in use by the system. Normally , when the device driver is not update, the device will work, but will post anylog to the error event, by suppressing the error. Just may be a log in that folder.
                     Go to eventid.net and post your error and you could go deep in to it
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".