Author Topic: Tweaking.com Update Repairs  (Read 5075 times)

Offline mecanicogolf

• Rehab is where to be
    • View Profile
Tweaking.com Update Repairs
« on: September 16, 2017, 08:51:19 am »
I have been using the Update repairs on this program for years with Windows 7 and it has always worked great. Always fixes it when it runs into problems.
The other day, I used it on my Windows 10. Instead of using the troubleshooter, since it seemed to me it wasn't fixing the problem, I ran it (Safe Mode) and restarted.
I went to check on updates afterward and came up with an error (Sorry, I didn't get the error code) . I then proceeded to run the Windows troubleshooter and came up with errors also and didn't fix what tweaking.com update tried to fix.
To make a long story short, I ended up reverting back with System Restore. I was just wondering if anyone out there has run into problems with the update repair on their Windows 10.

Thank you  :rolleyes:
mecanicogolf

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tweaking.com Update Repairs
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 02:35:39 pm »
I don't recall anyone reporting anything like that.

What do you get when you run a manual check for updates ?

See if these cmds run from a Command Prompt (Admin) resolve -

dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

and then enter sfc /scannow to see if it reports any unrepaired corruption - if not, try your updates again if the previous manual check didn't resolve.

If the manual check for updates produced an error code, then post that.

Offline mecanicogolf

• Rehab is where to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 05:56:59 pm »
I ran the dism and everything seems to be alright. sfc/ scannow also is good.
My update seems to be working, it's just a little slow. My boss, for example, has a DELL and the updates check pretty fast. My HP ENVY takes a while to check. I ran the troubleshooter for fixing updates and ran the tweaking.com repair but to no avail.
Any suggestions? My system seems to be in good health.

Richsrd
mecanicogolf

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 12:28:38 am »
I assume these computers are being used in different locations ?

When I'm aware of updates on my Win 10 laptops, I Ethernet connect to get the better download speeds.

I don't worry too much about updates in Win 10 as it just seems to get on with it.

Because my laptops are low spec, I know when updates are downloading as the rest of the computer slows.

An antivirus program can also slow things up as it checks the files and may be a bit slow in releasing them.

Is there any difference to the AV program you and your boss use or in download speeds ?

A difference in CPU capability would also affect performance, but how do the updates perform on your machine now to what they were before they became troublesome ?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 12:35:20 am by Boggin »