Author Topic: Respectfully disagree  (Read 4726 times)

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
Respectfully disagree
« on: December 23, 2017, 06:24:45 am »
In the Windows AIO application, I believe that the "scan and repair reparse point" functionality should be a valid fix in of itself, or at least its importance in resolving issues shouldn't be undersold.  Example: I recently created a custom install.wim of the latest version of Windows 10 for use in deployments, but when I deployed the image, the system was slow and my applications kept crashing.  Turns out that, for some reason, when I created the custom image capture (which, for those who don't know, usually entails booting a fresh install into Audit mode, which uses the administrator account to allow you to make changes which will be captured to your OS), all of the built in administrator's default reparse points had been deleted.  Using Windows AIO repair to add them back in resolved the issue instantly.  Still need to rebuild the image, but my point being that employees at the company I work for also use Windows AIO repair, and they just skip to the repairs without even looking at the other features.  I have tried to dissuade them from doing this, and actually follow the recommendations outlined in the help file, but there are a few who don't care.  Anyway, I would highly recommend that the scan and repair reparse points fix have its own repair entry, or at least not be downplayed by putting the text "THIS IS NOT A FIX" right at the top of the page where the repair is located.  Just my 2 cents..