Author Topic: execute process remotely error executing tweaking.com windows repair aio..  (Read 6332 times)

Offline elpillo0807

• View Profile
Hi!, I´m new here and I want to thanks to all of You that take taime to help the others.

Last sunday I was uninstalling a few programs in my computer to free some disk space. after I finished (including some manual editing of windows registry) I´m unable to conect to internet using the Phone access conection.

I tried the last version of your tweaking.com windows repair aio to repair my windows, but any time it starts a new item in the reparings list I got an "execute process remotely" error, in tech info it says that there is some issue with psexec.exe.

¿how can I fix these erros?

Many thanks in advance,

Sam

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
My program uses the psexec.exe to run the cmd.exe window under the system account. I dot this because of the trusted installer in vista and 7. It is the only way to make sure the repairs have the correct permissions to run.

I haven't seen this error before, can you post a screen shot? Also are you running the program directly on the system or over the network?

Shane

Offline elpillo0807

• View Profile
Many thanks for your quick response.

the screen shot have to wait till tomorrow, cause i´m at office now and I can´t connect from my house later.

let me explain a little bit more how things happen, perhaps U can get an insigh of what is happen.

after I finished my system cleaning my dial up connection was working (was connecting to the server) but when I tried to open any internet page or check any pop3 mail account all that i got was a very quick "not server found error", calling my attention that in the status windows of the connection there was no activity (always 285 bytes send, 60 bytes received).

I did a little mechanics with the windows services and now things are worst, I start the dial up connection fine but after having the "connected" message no connection icon appears in the status bar, programs says that didnt found any connection and the modem keeps using the hone line until I close the current windows session.

any idea on how to solve the messed system

thanks again

Sam

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
It has been a VERY long time since I had to fix a dial up connection lol.

What services did you change before it got worse? Also what version of Windows?

Shane