Author Topic: Windows 7 backup image does not recognize internal HDD [SOLVED]  (Read 4472 times)

Offline FreeCat

• View Profile
Hi - I am trying to use Windows backup to write an image.  I have an internal HDD of 2TB that is empty and I can write and read it, but the windows backup says "Windows Backup said "Drive H is not connected"  However it is clearly present as seen in Windows explorer and in Disk Management app; I can read and write to it.

BTW, I just found a backup program QILING Disk Master and it seems to recognize the H drive and is not doing the backup.  BTW, I tried AOMEI (paid pro version) and kept getting a 4098.

FWIW, the QILING program did not impress me.  No verification possible.  Uncompressed image was too small.  I have since tried EASEUS home which is free and has the verify and made a decent sized image.

I have given up on the idea of using Windows backup as I have read so many bad things about it.  But, I do feel there is some basic error in my system with H not being recognized by MS but is recognized by QILING and EASUS.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 02:48:49 pm by Boggin »

Offline FreeCat

• View Profile
Re: Windows 7 backup image does not recognize internal HDD
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 02:32:02 pm »
Solved.  Thanks, all.  :)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 7 backup image does not recognize internal HDD
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 02:48:26 pm »
I'll add Solved to the thread title for you.