Author Topic: No Response from Support [Jim] for Houston we have a problem since 10/12/2018  (Read 6686 times)

Offline DonZ1960

• View Profile
I whitelisted Tweaking.com - Windows Repair in my AVs and Firewall as Jim from Support recommended I do and I still get the same "Houston we have a problem" even after I downloaded v4.3.0. I use Windows 10 Home OS on my PC. I have gotten No Response from Support [Jim] for Houston we have a problem since I emailed him [[email protected]] on 10/12/2018 and again on 10/19/2018. Please advise me and notify him as I hope that he is OK I am a Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Pro paying customer. Thanks!

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Is that still the case when you boot into Safe Mode with Networking first before you open the program ?

If the program will then open in that mode, in normal mode right click on the taskbar and select Task Manager.

If that is the first time you have opened Task Manager you'll just get a blank window where you will then have to click on More details bottom left.

Click on the Start-up tab and disable all items - File/Exit and restart then try the repair program again.

If the program then opens okay, open Task Manager again and enable just one item at a time, rebooting after each until you get the Huston problem again.

This will be the start up item that is conflicting, so disable that one again and work your way through the rest, using the same procedure and let us know which program(s) it was.

If none of those start up items have any effect then go Start - type msconfig and press enter when it comes up.

Click on the Services tab and check the box to Hide all Microsoft services - Disable all - Apply - OK then restart.

If the program then opens okay, go back into msconfig and do the same as you did for the start up items in Task Manager.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 02:28:32 pm by Boggin »

Offline tabqwerty

• View Profile
Is that still the case when you boot into Safe Mode with Networking first before you open the program ?

If the program will then open in that mode, in normal mode right click on the taskbar and select Task Manager.

If that is the first time you have opened Task Manager you'll just get a blank window where you will then have to click on More details bottom left.

Click on the Start-up tab and disable all items - File/Exit and restart then try the repair program again.

If the program then opens okay, open Task Manager again and enable just one item at a time, rebooting after each until you get the Huston problem again.

This will be the start up item that is conflicting, so disable that one again and work your way through the rest, using the same procedure and let us know which program(s) it was.

If none of those start up items have any effect then go Start - type msconfig and press enter when it comes up.

Click on the Services tab and check the box to Hide all Microsoft services - Disable all - Apply - OK then restart.

If the program then opens okay, go back into msconfig and do the same as you did for the start up items in Task Manager.

I did all of this on Windows 10 Pro. My code still isn't registering, either.

Offline tabqwerty

• View Profile
Did you get yours to work, DonZ1960?

Offline tabqwerty

• View Profile
I understand the need to protect against pirating, but there's got to be some more leeway, or another method, for the paying customer.

Offline tabqwerty

• View Profile
My version is the latest 1803 update, by the way.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I'll pass this on.

Offline tabqwerty

• View Profile
I'll pass this on.

Thank you, and sorry about the other thread. Wasn't intentional.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
That's okay - I've emailed jpm to have a look at a number of threads in this section.

Offline tabqwerty

• View Profile
To the OP of this thread: [email protected] solved the same issue I was having by sending a portable version for me to put on a flash drive then use the login information on a different computer. I then took that portable folder on the flash drive back to my main PC and replaced the original install folder with it.

Offline tabqwerty

• View Profile
The portable version is already on the main download page if you've got a thumb/flash drive (I'm pretty sure an SD card will work, too) ready: https://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The portable version is already on the main download page if you've got a thumb/flash drive (I'm pretty sure an SD card will work, too) ready: https://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

Thanks for that but I believe jpm is already dealing with this on a one to one basis.

Offline tabqwerty

• View Profile
I'm just excited now that it's activated.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I'm just excited now that it's activated.

:LOL

Offline DonZ1960

• View Profile
I am planning in the near future to try to get my Tweaking.com - Windows Repair working in Safe Mode using Wi-Fi on my Windows 10 PC as it currently does not work in non-Safe Mode using Wi-Fi on my Windows 10 PC as something might be blocking it. I cannot use an Ethernet Connection as it went haywire when I upgraded my Comcast/Xfinity service to 50 MB. Also, it would be a nightmare to debug Tweaking.com - Windows Repair in non-Safe Mode on my Windows 10 PC and anyway it is better to run Tweaking.com - Windows Repair in Safe Mode on my Windows 10 PC. Jim has contacted me and has been helpful and will help me with remote diagnosis if I need help on getting my Tweaking.com - Windows Repair working in Safe Mode using Wi-Fi on my Windows 10 PC.

Offline DonZ1960

• View Profile
Restarted Router.

No updates for NIC.

I tried Ctrl+Alt+Delete as specified in the Using Tweaking.com - Windows Repair in Safe Mode post and some other techniques, however,
Win 10 64 Bit Home does not work on a PC in Safe Mode with Networking Support with Wi-Fi per Microsoft Support Knowledgebase.

According to other forums, Wi-Fi does appear to work on a laptop that is only wireless with Win 10 in Safe Mode with Networking Support.

I got my NIC to work with some intermittent loss of connection on my Win 10 64 Bit Home version PC in Safe Mode with Networking Support and several times both entered my Name and Key in Tweaking.com - Windows Repair and restarted the program but they still did not take.

I will ask Jim to help me remote diagnose this issue in the near future and will keep both posts updated: No Response from Support [Jim] for Houston we have a problem since 10/12/2018 and Using Tweaking.com - Windows Repair in Safe Mode.

Thanks for all of the replies so far.

The last time Tweaking.com - Windows Repair did work on my Win 10 64 Bit Home PC in Safe Mode with Networking Support [NIC] was at about six [6] months and I suspect it is related to a conflict with Microsoft Win 10 64 Bit Home OS Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.228) which was installed on 05/17/2018 which I am using.

If I do not get Tweaking.com - Windows Repair working on my Win 10 64 Bit Home version PC in Safe Mode with Networking Support [NIC or Wi-Fi], I will consider loading the portable version of Tweaking.com - Windows Repair on a USB stick and using it that way.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 10:02:12 pm by DonZ1960 »

Offline DonZ1960

• View Profile
Please follow the info for this post under the post named Using Tweaking.com - Windows Repair in Safe Mode.