Author Topic: Windows Defender Fatal Error on Windows 10 Home Single Language  (Read 3562 times)

Offline avx19877

• View Profile
Windows Defender Fatal Error on Windows 10 Home Single Language
« on: January 25, 2019, 02:19:27 am »
In the past, I did run Windows Repair version 4.4.0 and 4.4.1 with all repair options enabled in Safe Boot without any errors. Everything was fine including Windows Defender.

Then recently, I have an error code 0x80004005 on Windows 10 Home Single Language. So before the repair process, I update the Windows Repair software to the latest version (4.4.2), I run it in Safe Mode, to repair this error code 0x80004005 (Can't Copy/Rename/Paste/Delete some folders and files).

Amazingly, it can fix the error. But apparently, my Windows Defender has a fatal error. It can't scan anything, the Real Time Protection is off and I can't turn it on. The Right Click option to scan folders/files is gone, etc. See my picture attachments for more info.

I do all kind of these methods so many times to repair this Windows Defender fatal error:
- CHKDSK
- SFC /SCANNOW
- Run Windows Repair twice in Safe Mode.

Unfortunately... Nothing works.

I like Windows Defender very much. It is fast and small. It is a very good antivirus/firewall/antimalware.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Defender Fatal Error on Windows 10 Home Single Language
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 03:44:55 am »
What I would suggest is to use your restore points back to before you ran 4.4.2 then create Win 10 install media after reading the instructions at https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 and perform a repair install which won't affect your personal stuff or installed programs.

This will give you the ISO for build 1809.

To perform a repair install after creating the install media, open Windows/File Explorer - This PC - insert the install media and double click on its drive.

This will start the process if using a DVD but will open to the files when using an USB where you would then double click on setup Application and hopefully this will resolve the 05 error which is basically an Access Denied error.