Author Topic: Is there a way to run a tab in a opened application from a task scheduler  (Read 8474 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, i made settings in Kitty Software in  a such way that it autologs and issue a command to access the status page of my router. My router is designed in such a way.
I have succeeded in creating a task to open the exe in task scheduler daily at requested hours to check the speed and other details of the router stat.
Now i want to know and if possible give me command line help in windows to activate a tab Open or Start automatically to get the task executed.
Now, the appplication opens up as per settings in task scheduler. I have to press open or start to get the result. i want this opetion to be added in task scheduler either in start a program box or in arguments box, so that it executes the next command of open or start to auto execute and get the router page results instead of application open page. i think , i made it clear .
How to execute a tab in an applilcation thro command prompt.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline jraju

• View Profile
hI, I HEREWIth enclose the model ouotput, if i click the start or open tab after the task is getting executed by the task scheduler.
the black cmd is unlike normal cmd, where you could select and paste as a txt.
i think , it is a different cmd, linux prompt, where i could not select and paste.
But here i get the result of what i want.
Is there any trick to auto click a tab, by code in arguments
hope to receive experts ideas
moreover, when i save as a print screen file, on opening i find it the horizontal frame is like moving at both ends.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
hI, EXPERTS, i know that it is not a command prompt, when i get the access thro, the kitty. it is unix prompt and so, how to invoke a tab in the enclosed applicaation.
is there a way out

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, I also wish to know, if the unix prompt i am getting is a separate command like screen opening? or in the command prompt in itself.
Because, i could not select all the text and paste it as is available in command prompt.
Is the $ prompt different from # prompt.

Offline Samson

• View Profile
It is a telnet prompt. getting the info from your router. PuTTY and KiTTY are telnet clients for Windows.

You can access it from a cmd prompt and entering "telnet 192.168.0.1 (or your router's IP address)

below are 2 command results for "adslctl info --show" and "adslctl info --stats", the second is more useful over time.

You can right click in the telnet window > "select all" and then paste in a txt document, see below, also the command to access the router's stats. I run it manually so can't help with the task schedule side either..... :sad:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 01:40:01 pm by Samson, Reason: added "adslctl info --stats" command »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
While I don't know about XP, from Win 7 onwards Telnet isn't enabled by default, so you need to go into Programs and Features/Turn Windows features on or off - scroll down and check the box for Telnet client.

I don't know if it's because my ISP supplied VDSL router is set up different but I was unable to access any data when I entered telnet 192.168.1.1 and got this error -

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.590]
(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>telnet 192.168.1.1
Connecting To 192.168.1.1...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

I used to have to use Telnet when I was using my own router on ADSL as that was the only way you could see all of the stats on a Billion Bipac 7800N router.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Samson thanks for the input. But telnet is not secured and so, i use the ssh client kitty.
So from you , i understand that ash is a telnet prompt and $ is ssh prompt . am i correct.
PuTTy is not usr friendly and so i use Kitty a fork version of putty.
I tried public key private key but still could not log on automatically and also the Remote command box in Putty is not at all working.
But , in kitty i could execute the remote command , the command being Show Status, thats all. I get useful statistics.Samson, pl confirm, if the prompt $ is a ssh prompt.
The GUI is easy to operate. Now the exe opens thro task scheduler. But i have to press START or OPEN button tab in kitty to get the results.
Here i need a solution.
i could give path upto exe, if an argument could be added to execute the Tab OPEN or start also .
Is telnet prompt different from ssh prompt
So the command is not unix command. i thought that $ is a prompt of unix language
please clarify.
HI, boggin,
I have tried but from numerous source, i heard that telnet is less secured , and so i switched to ssh programs.
Hope to receive the solution

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Samson, using klink.exe of kitty alert for password and the passowrd is not visible to verify. If it is correct, then it allows to $ prompt and from there i could just issue command Show Status to get the result. But GIVING Passoword for everylogon is annoying.
GUI version allows the remote command to be executed without any password .
Please see the enclosed txt file
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 04:40:06 am by jraju »

Offline Samson

• View Profile

I used to have to use Telnet when I was using my own router on ADSL as that was the only way you could see all of the stats on a Billion Bipac 7800N router.

I use it to reduce SNR on my router, can be done with 3rd party firmware for the router, but I prefer to do it this way. Only works for a few old Netgears, if anyon'e interested https://kitz.co.uk/routers/dg834GT_targetsnr.htm

J, I've never used KiTTY, so can't help with that...KiTTY forum? I'm not really sure what you are aiming to do either?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The 7800N had that facility built in where you could use values to lower or raise the SNR.

I can't really see the point of being able to see the stats all of the time or at the drop of a hat - if BB is working fine then there's no need to keep checking them.

You can become obsessed with them.

Offline Samson

• View Profile

I can't really see the point of being able to see the stats all of the time or at the drop of a hat - if BB is working fine then there's no need to keep checking them.

You can become obsessed with them.

I agree totally. not sure what J is trying to achieve here. 

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Boggin and Samson,
    The main purpose of creating a task to open the router page  is to monitor the speed at any given time or at fixed hours.
The second reason is to avoid group dynamic ips, in which i saw  the speed is reduced to about 3 mbps speed.
The third is automating a task will not harm you , if the ssh is secured with regard to the router remote log in.
One more point is . The terminal actual commands are reboot, config, show, sh, diganostics menu.
In show , if you expand you get one menu status, which i combine to get the show status diagram as per the diagram i enclosed.
What i want is what should effectively continue the automation from the $ prompt to execute the show status.
Group dynamics i came to understand that a big vendor or company gets a bulk of ips, dynamic ips , that are shared with all users of the ISP. But i noticed a reduction of speed of download, when i am allotted in any one of them rather than individual user dynamic ips.
i do not know the reason for it, but i will reboot the router to get the individual dynamic ip, which suddenly restores the speed.
i do not know much about those things.
if i monitor router stat, then these will come in handy and i could just reboot and also watch the dsl speed without any third party programs

Offline Samson

• View Profile
If you need to monitor it to know when it happens, then the difference can't be that great.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Samson,
i am not exposed to programming in my days, but i  would love to learn it for simple tasks that need manual ways.
after creating some shortcuts, and using this bat file, the result is achieved. It auto starts and also ran the command to give me the results.
The desktop command, i never heard has been taken from a forum thread.
The other lines are just beginning lines taken from another thread.
Kitty exe is from another thread. By trying so much, now i could execute the task.
Samson, kindly tell, if the ssh session to router is risky, if pw is supplies to the exe window for auto login purpose.
I first tried telent and i heard that it is not safe. I do not know about ssh security, but knows that it is safer than telnet client.
But i have a simple problem. The program opens up, the program window along side the terminal window.
How to not show the program window, is there any trick?
First let me hear from you about the safety of talking  to my router page only with ssh.
And also say, if we can change the router password , by supplying password calender to safeguard the router access by one more layer of security.
i am daily having alerts of router security from google subscription on router risks.
I will share the lines , if router talk is not risky after hearing from you and boggins.
And also tell me where to start my initial level of programming in the present situtation.
I tried automation thro selenium ide, but it is a kind of url passing thro, some other server so, i did not proceed .
expecting your reply

Offline Samson

• View Profile
J, I can't tell you about your security concerns, I don't know enough about it.

I admire your attention to details, and enthusiasm to resolve problems.

I'm sure a search for the skills and tools you need, will get you where you want to be, sorry I can't give any good pointers. 

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Thanks for the tips. I have asked you in the context of using terminal commands in my windows system. Windows system differs from linux.
So, i tried some linux commands in windows, which shows that the command does not exist or inoperable errors.
There the problem arises. Some command line options are given, but when executed in windows cmd, i get this kind of errors.
Ok, thanks to you for the tips.