Author Topic: TWINUI  (Read 7013 times)

Offline Manuel

• View Profile
TWINUI
« on: April 23, 2019, 04:55:42 pm »
Hi, today I used the Windows Repair app and after the repair, I have for several default apps (E-Mail, Music player, Photo Viewer and Video Player) a TWINUI program. If I want to change the default TWINUI program it closes the Windows Settings. I cannot change the default app.
Could somebody give me some tips please,

Thank you,
Manuel

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TWINUI
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 06:26:10 am »
Perhaps this article will help - https://appuals.com/apps-getting-resetted-to-twinui/

However, you can restore the registry to prior to running the repair program through the program's Backup Tools by clicking on Restore under Registry Backup - click on Registry Restore then use the dropdown to select the back up and hit Restore Now.

You haven't said why you needed to run the repair program but because when I test run each new version, I get a number of notifications that there were problems with various apps and they have been reset to whatever - I tend to perform a repair install when I have problems with my Win 10 which doesn't affect personal stuff or installed programs.

I assume you are using Win 10 as TWINUI first appeared in Win 8.

To do this you need to create Win 10 install media which you can after reading - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

When you have done that, with the install media inserted, open Windows/File Explorer - This PC and double click on its drive.

This will start the process when using a DVD but will open to its files when using an USB where you would then double click on setup Application.

This takes 3½ - 4hrs on mine.

Offline Manuel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 10:17:43 am »
Hi, thank you, yes I am sorry, I am using WIN 10 Pro 64

I resolved it with right-clicking on a pic (Did the same with Music, Video etc) changed the program that I wanted to use to open the pic (a few times diferent programs) and finally I could see that all worked correctly.
After that I runned Tweaking repair again in Safe Boot and I could set all as I like to have it

Kind regards,

Manuel

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 02:45:41 pm »
That's good news and thanks for letting me know.

Sometimes running the program a second time can resolve anomalies created by the first run.