Author Topic: Tweaking stoppped anytime  (Read 10059 times)

Offline elicha

• View Profile
Re: Tweaking stoppped anytime
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2019, 10:44:47 am »
My computer was running slowly and answer a little bit to late.
I have another problem serious: I ran again repairs and late it works; after 1 hour, it begins to go on and finish all items. It was a victory. BUT  I beleave i’ve Made a big mistake; maybe I click on environment or something like that and when restarting, impossible to open windows. I have the cd to répare the starting; I choose command. I reached to the directory where are registered the files each day; impossible to use them. I don’t remember how to do. The recovery system is not working nor the start repair. How to do from the directory of the day?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2019, 01:25:35 pm »
Can you boot up with the install disk - you may need to tap F12 as you switch on.

Use the cursor keys to select the CD/DVD drive - insert the DVD and press enter.

Press any key when prompted to boot from CD/DVD.

You may be presented with an inverse window with Windows Setup [EMS Enabled] highlighted - just press enter and wait for the DVD to load.

Use the dropdown to change/confirm the time and currency then click on Next.

When you get to the Install screen click on Repair your computer. - bottom left.

This will take you to the Recovery Environment (RE).

Try the System Restore option to see if you have any restore points that you can use and let me know how that goes.

Offline elicha

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2019, 12:12:12 am »
That morning I'm happy!
You are a very good teacher. All you've write, I've tried before. I've tried repair starting; after 1 hour i stopped. then I had 4 lines of restore point; For each one I waited 1 hour without result, before ach time the computer says impossible to restore, il seems that antivirus don't let the restore be fine! put off the antivirus; how to do. So I go out and restart; the screen was black. I let it and go to sleep. But at 3 o'clock, I came to see and the computer was unlight. I start and miraculous, windows made his work; I find it runing. I think that I was too much hurry. The start repair must take more than 4 or 5 hours. However the computer has repaired by himself. Conclusion: with the computer who run so fast, we lost very much time, and we are alwals too hurry.
Being in my summer house on the riviera, it's the first time I don't take with me my external Hard disk where are writen all secure backups.
Thank you for your help. I hope I don't need it again

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2019, 12:53:42 am »
When you use the restore point option in that mode where you boot up with an install disk or in Safe Mode, all 3rd party programs are isolated and not loaded, so I'm not sure what was blocking the restore points as it wouldn't have been an antivirus program.

Did it give you an error code or reason why the restore was unsuccessful ?

However, I'm glad that you are back up and running and that you do take care in creating system images.

Offline elicha

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2019, 02:46:42 pm »
hello,
I tried to answer and each time impossible to get it registered.
Each time I tried restoring system, it fail and the message was : some file don't let restore work finally. It seems it's the antivirus. Shut it and try again. For evidence impossible to try!
My question is: How to restart a computer with the backup I've done before?  With the repair starting I choose command line. I reached to the backup's directories and had very much difficulty to go further ; the name of directories is not easy to write.
However, I have "do_restore.cmd". If I click on, do I get the restoration?
Good evening

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2019, 02:55:31 pm »
I've never used file back up - I've always created full system images where you have to boot up with a System Repair or install disk to navigate to the RE to select the option restore with a system image.

Let's try your restore points again.

Tap F8 as you switch on and when the advanced boot options come up, select Repair your computer which will take you to the same RE as it did when you booted up with the install disk.

Tapping F8 as you switch on is the usual key with Win 7 but can differ with different makes and models of computer.

Let me know if F8 doesn't do it for you.

Offline elicha

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2019, 03:18:01 pm »
I do same; copy files with Syncback for each disc. And also disc system pictures.But i've explained that time I come without my external disc.
If we cannot restore system from the daily backup, what is the use?
I had before a software permitting restore my computer if crashed. I used it many times with success; But now it is not working with W7
For testing restore point I made it some days ago when I began using Tweaking repair. The computer was so slow; but it didn'd crash et the restore works fine. When I want using a soft, i try to explore all. And an accident don't stop learnong about it.
At that time it's time 0:15 . I'll try again to morrow after making a new restore point.
Good evening

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2019, 03:23:18 pm »
If you don't have the media that you backed your files onto with you then you won't be able to add them back.

https://neosmart.net/wiki/backup-restore-files-windows-7/

Just seen your last reply.

A new restore point won't be any good because it will be an image of your system as it is now.

If it's personal files that have gone awry then a restore point won't do it because a restore point doesn't affect personal files - only system files, but if the cause is a corrupt system, then a restore point prior to running the repair program should reinstate things as they were.

Try the restore points as I've just described.

Offline elicha

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2019, 03:18:53 am »
First of all, I made a restore point of the day; because if the precedent record of 08/08 don't match, i'll return to today.
 that restore has been fine from the restart repeir CD; After i made restore for the today point and it was OK.
A important point is that all these maneuvers where done from a computer who can restart. what about one computer out of restart?
To morrow, I'll try to restart from CD with command line after reaching the backup of  the day and clicking on "do_restore.cmd
If not working, I don't understand the use of Tw. repairs.
Have you some other idea?   

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2019, 04:44:31 am »
I was wanting you to use a restore point prior to running the repair program to see if that resolves your file problems.

If it does then create a new restore point after updating your antivirus program and then try the repair program again to see if Repair 2 still fails.

Do you have a machine that will not start ?

Offline elicha

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2019, 06:58:00 am »
My computer is working well. I 've how you ask: first restore point of yesterday OK. Secondly  I make a new restore point; Thirdly I try Repair : It stopped always at the same place but it's missing only two numbers.  when passed this phase , it run to the end

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2019, 07:03:54 am »
Okay - I'll give Shane a Bump on my email to him about this.

Offline elicha

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2019, 08:37:48 am »
 :cheesy: :cheesy: