Author Topic: Tweaking stoppped anytime  (Read 277 times)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tweaking stoppped anytime
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2019, 02:55:31 PM »
I've never used file back up - I've always created full system images where you have to boot up with a System Repair or install disk to navigate to the RE to select the option restore with a system image.

Let's try your restore points again.

Tap F8 as you switch on and when the advanced boot options come up, select Repair your computer which will take you to the same RE as it did when you booted up with the install disk.

Tapping F8 as you switch on is the usual key with Win 7 but can differ with different makes and models of computer.

Let me know if F8 doesn't do it for you.
Tom.

Offline elicha

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2019, 03:18:01 PM »
I do same; copy files with Syncback for each disc. And also disc system pictures.But i've explained that time I come without my external disc.
If we cannot restore system from the daily backup, what is the use?
I had before a software permitting restore my computer if crashed. I used it many times with success; But now it is not working with W7
For testing restore point I made it some days ago when I began using Tweaking repair. The computer was so slow; but it didn'd crash et the restore works fine. When I want using a soft, i try to explore all. And an accident don't stop learnong about it.
At that time it's time 0:15 . I'll try again to morrow after making a new restore point.
Good evening

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2019, 03:23:18 PM »
If you don't have the media that you backed your files onto with you then you won't be able to add them back.

https://neosmart.net/wiki/backup-restore-files-windows-7/

Just seen your last reply.

A new restore point won't be any good because it will be an image of your system as it is now.

If it's personal files that have gone awry then a restore point won't do it because a restore point doesn't affect personal files - only system files, but if the cause is a corrupt system, then a restore point prior to running the repair program should reinstate things as they were.

Try the restore points as I've just described.
Tom.

Offline elicha

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2019, 03:18:53 AM »
First of all, I made a restore point of the day; because if the precedent record of 08/08 don't match, i'll return to today.
 that restore has been fine from the restart repeir CD; After i made restore for the today point and it was OK.
A important point is that all these maneuvers where done from a computer who can restart. what about one computer out of restart?
To morrow, I'll try to restart from CD with command line after reaching the backup of  the day and clicking on "do_restore.cmd
If not working, I don't understand the use of Tw. repairs.
Have you some other idea?   

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2019, 04:44:31 AM »
I was wanting you to use a restore point prior to running the repair program to see if that resolves your file problems.

If it does then create a new restore point after updating your antivirus program and then try the repair program again to see if Repair 2 still fails.

Do you have a machine that will not start ?
Tom.

Offline elicha

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2019, 06:58:00 AM »
My computer is working well. I 've how you ask: first restore point of yesterday OK. Secondly  I make a new restore point; Thirdly I try Repair : It stopped always at the same place but it's missing only two numbers.  when passed this phase , it run to the end

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2019, 07:03:54 AM »
Okay - I'll give Shane a Bump on my email to him about this.
Tom.

Offline elicha

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2019, 08:37:48 AM »
 :cheesy: :cheesy: