Author Topic: Replace damaged files in Windows 7  (Read 3974 times)

Offline pin12

• View Profile
Replace damaged files in Windows 7
« on: June 13, 2020, 08:19:20 am »
Hello!!  :cheesy:

I love Windows Repair software and I usually use it when I have an internet connection problem. Today I used it to repair Windows 7 safe mode. It did perfectly. Thanks for this excellent software.

I have Windows 7 SP1 x64 installed on a Toshiba notebook, but I was having a problem, because it seems that some malware or virus damaged some files. I ran sfc/ scannow several times but it resulted in unable to repair some corrupted files.

What I need is software that verifies absolutely the entire system, every file, even the registry, and replace the damaged components with intact original components. Even if I could get those components from an online database it would be great, since I don't have the Windows 7 installer disk. Ok, that's the idea.

Thanks for any help about it. :smiley:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Replace damaged files in Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 02:11:03 pm »
It's unfortunate that you don't have a Win 7 install disk as you could have booted up with that and performed what I call an offboot sfc /scannow where it checks your system files against the install disk.

I could send you a couple of install disks but because I live on my own and currently have severe back problems, I would be unable to get to the Post Office.

However, if you say which version of Win 7 x64 you have and PM me your address, I'll see what I can arrange.

As things stand though, the only other option you have if you are using a branded machine would be to factory reset after backing up your personal stuff onto something like an external HDD or suitably sized USB flash drive.

If I can get those disks off to you (one spare), I'll post details in your thread for how to perform an offboot sfc /scannow.

I don't suppose you know anyone who does have an install disk that you could borrow ?

It doesn't have to be the same version as yours as long as it's a higher version - a Win 7 x64 Pro version will repair a x64 Home Premium version.

The Win 7 x64 ISO I have is that for Pro but by removing the eicfg file, that converts it to an universal install disk where you could perform a clean install of all x64 versions.

With that you can also perform a repair install which doesn't affect your personal stuff or installed programs, but if you are using a branded machine you would have to change the product key to what is on the sticker as you are prompted to enter the product key, but as machines age, that can become faded - I made a hard copy of mine while it could still be read.

You can change the product key by pressing the Windows key and r together then type Slui 3 into the Run box and press enter where you will be presented with the format to enter the key which should confirm that it has been registered.