Author Topic: Windows start up (Dell AMD Ryzen 5, Inspiron 5675)  (Read 4166 times)

Offline okilein

• View Profile
Windows start up (Dell AMD Ryzen 5, Inspiron 5675)
« on: June 15, 2020, 05:42:31 am »
I recently restarted my computer because my app (discord) kept showing a long java error, so I hit restart delete all my apps but keep my files. (I didn’t know what I was thinking it was 4am) and now this pop up shows every time I try to load in and it won’t go past it, it says “install windows (X) The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation can not proceed. To install Windows, click “OK” to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.” And when I click okay it just loads me back into this screen. If you need a picture I can provide one if you privately message me but I’m on my phone right now and I don’t know how to attach images from here sorry, and thanks for your help.

Thanks

walmart one
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 06:50:41 am by okilein »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows start up (Dell AMD Ryzen 5, Inspiron 5675)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 09:38:28 am »
It sounds like the Reset has screwed your system but I don't know why unless there was also an underlying problem.

I assume you are using Win 10 and did the computer come with it pre-installed ?

I'm thinking along the lines of a factory reset.

If it didn't come with Win 10 then you will need to contact Dell for a Recovery disk to factory reset it.

There's usually a cost for this.

You can then upgrade back to Win 10 through - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Use the May 2020 Update option.

You will need to reinstall your programs but unless you had your personal stuff backed up, then I'm afraid you will have lost it.

However, there is one other thing you could try if you can use a friend's or relative's computer and that is to create a Hiren's Boot Disk to see if that will get Windows back up.

Use the 15.2 download - https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6966-hirens-bootcd.html

Tap F12 as you switch on, use the cursor keys to select the DVD drive - insert the Hiren's disk and press enter.

You may have to press any key when prompted to boot from CD/DVD.

You will need to follow the same procedure if you have to use a Dell Recovery disk.